It’s something that Bale Breaker Brewing looks forward to every year. Obviously, things are different this year. The annual Ales For ALS fundraiser at Bale Breaker Brewing is always a great time, but because the event takes place at the brewery near Yakima, many beer lovers are barely aware that it happens at all. Well, this year there is no road trip involved. Bale Breaker and Ales For ALS are delivering the event to the comfort of your home.
Bale Breaker Brewing is deeply related to the Ales For ALS project, which was started in 2013 and has thus far raised nearly $2 million for ALS research. Two of the brewery’s founders, Kevin Smith and his sister Meghann Quinn, recently lost a beloved uncle after a long battle with ALS, so this is personal. In fact, the Smith family is largely responsible for starting the entire Ales For ALS project.
The fundraising efforts center around the annual release of a unique hop blend. Learn more about that special blend and about Bale Breaker’s relationship with the project here.
Basically, it works like this. You buy the beer online or via drive-thru pickup at the brewery, and then you are invited to enjoy a beerfest via Zoom. The Ales For ALS beer is a collaboration project involving Georgetown Brewing, Cloudburst Brewing, Perry Street Brewing, Iron Goat Brewing, Payette Brewing, and The Ram Restaurant & Brewery. On Saturday, August 22nd, via Zoom, you can enjoy the beer with the people who brewed it.
More details and info below and on the official event website.
Join us for a virtual Brewfest for ALS in the Pacific Northwest!
An event to support the ALS community, and ALS research at the ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI). Purchase a virtual Brewfest for ALS ticket today!
What is Available for Purchase
● A 16- pack case of a 16 oz collaboration beer created by top brewers in the Pacific Northwest.
● An Ales for ALS t-shirt.
● Both, although purchased separately, come with a link to an exclusive Zoom meeting with national participating top craft brewers.
How to Participate
● Purchase your beer and/or t-shirt HERE to be delivered. Your Zoom link will be included in the mailing.
● You can also participate in Bale Breaker Brewing Company’s drive-thru pickup on August 22nd from 12:00- 5:00 PM PDT at 1801 Birchfield Rd. Yakima, WA 98901 to purchase and pick up your beer, t-shirt, and Zoom link.
● Join us on Zoom August 22 at 4:00 PM PDT and sip alongside the brewers who made your beer!