Aslan Brewing Company of Bellingham, Washington just announced the release of its first round of mixed-culture, sour, and fruited-farmhouse beers from its barrel program. As we reported earlier, Aslan Brewing has a second location in downtown Bellingham that is dedicated to producing (and serving) these styles of beer: Aslan Depot, Barrles & Blending. Among the beers now available in bottles, two gold medal winners. See more info below.
We also received a notice that Aslan Brewing recently released Blueberry Dojo. Here’s the description of that beer: “This saison style ale was brewed over 15 months ago in May of 2017. It is comprised of a variety of malted barley, raw wheat and oats, and lightly hopped with unique Malling hops from Austria. At the crest of summer last year we gathered 600 lbs of organic Heirloom Blueberries from Bow Hill Farms. The fruit was macerated and introduced to the beer in two 400L oak puncheons. A long rest on the fruit lasted until May 6th of 2018, when the beer was removed and bottled. All of the complexity of fermentation, aside from the Saccharomyces we used initially, comes from the micro-flora that was existing on the fruit when we introduced it to beer. Now, after 3 months of bottle conditioning, we are ready to experience the 2017 vintage of Bow Hill Blueberries.”
To learn more about these and other releases from Aslan Brewing, as well as the availability of these beers, follow them on Facebook.
According to a recent announcement from the brewery, here are the first beers available in bottles. Limited supply, obviously.
- High Plains Drifter: Dry Hopped American Brett Ale
- A Study of Dreams: Mixed Culture Sour Ale
- Justice Temple: Mixed Culture Saison. (Gold Medal Winner: Specialty Saison, Washington Beer Awards 2018)
- Frances Farmer: Rustic Brett Saison. (Gold Medal Winner: Specialty Saison, World Beer Cup 2018)
- Space Eagle: Foeder fermented Brett IPA
- Ashes in the Fall: London Export Stout barrel aged with brettanomyces claussenii (Fall 2018 Release)