Brunch is like the new version of church. I heard someone say that on NPR as part of a commentary on the increasing popularity of brunching. It’s what millennials and many other young Americans do these days in lieu of congregating in churches on Sunday mornings. Not sure I’m buying into that correlation, but I get the point; brunch is increasingly popular these days. And that’s the whole idea behind Bacon, Eggs, and Kegs, it’s like the Super Bowl of brunch.
For the eighth year, Bacon, Eggs, and Kegs returns to Seattle next weekend (June 22, 23). Along with all the food, the event includes beer from a number of local breweries. The list is below. Also, many other boozy delights, live music, zany games, and more. Once again, the event takes over the Century Link Field North Plaza.
BACON EGGS & KEGS
CenturyLink Field’s North Plaza
Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23 from 11:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Ticket prices vary. See Below.
Here’s some more info from the event organizers:
Bacon Eggs & Kegs will offer all things brunch for one weekend only in 2019. The event will feature delicious bacon and egg brunch dishes for purchase from local restaurants, craft beer and cider tastings, games like bacon bingo and egg roulette, photo opportunities, and live entertainment. There’s even an opportunity for guests to play a 30-foot inflatable Hungry Hippos or fry in a giant inflatable skillet as a fun and free photo opportunity!
Northwest Harvest is returning as Bacon Eggs & Kegs’ nonprofit partner with event proceeds benefiting its statewide hunger relief efforts and advocacy work focusing on growing food justice across our local communities. Event attendees are encouraged to bring cash donations as well as non-perishable food items. Northwest Harvest volunteers will also help staff the event.
- 30-foot Bloody Mary bar featuring Absolut vodka & Demitri’s Bloody Mary Seasoning (regular or spicy), seasoned salt rims, and toppings like tater tots, Hill Meat Company bacon, jalapeno poppers, pork rinds, cheeses, mozzarella sticks, pickled & fresh veggies, and more!
- Local restaurants serving brunch dishes for purchase include: Bok a Bok Fried Chicken & Biscuits, Where Ya At Matt, Addo, Chin Up Donuts, ‘Wich Came First and more.
- 80+ Northwest craft beers and ciders to taste
Full Pour beverages from Elysian Brewing, Pear Up Cider, Stella Artois, & Bon & Viv Spiked Seltzer
- Jameson Irish Whiskey tastings with new Jameson Caskmates IPA Edition, Irish whiskey aged in IPA beer barrels, plus tastings of original Jameson Whiskey and Black Barrel Irish coffee bar featuring Jameson Irish Whiskey and Kahlua Boozy milkshakes
- Mimosa bar with Absolut Juice power-ups
- Games include: Bacon bingo, egg and spoon races, egg roulette, egg toss, inflatable Hungry Hungry Hippos, giant Jenga, giant Yahtzee and more
- Live entertainment with dueling pianos from Keys On Main, a DJ and live musical performances
- Complimentary photos taken in a giant inflatable skillet
- Chalk artist Gabrielle Abbott creating live chalk art
Tickets are $40 per person for Saturday and $35 per person for Sunday. Day-of tickets are $45 per person if available. Tickets include 12 drink tickets and a 5oz souvenir beer glass. Food is purchased separately at each restaurant stand or food truck, and drink tickets can be redeemed for the following items:
1 ticket = 5oz. pour of 80+ beers and ciders or a Jameson Irish Whiskey tasting.
2 tickets = 12oz. pour of select full pour beers and ciders or a mimosa.
3 tickets = quick serve Bloody Mary, boozy hot chocolate or Irish coffee.
5 tickets = a journey down the 30-foot Bloody Mary bar.
Tickets are available online now at baconeggsandkegs.com.
Bacon Eggs & Kegs Participants:
Restaurants & Food Vendors
- Addo – Chef Eric Rivera
- Bok a Bok Fried Chicken & Biscuits – Chef Brian O’Connor
- Cascadia Pizza Co
- Chin Up Donuts
- Just Jacks
- Sunny Up
- The Waffler
- Where Ya At Matt – Chef Matt Lewis
- ‘Wich Came First
Breweries & Cideries
- 2 Towns Ciderhouse
- AVID Cider
- Bad Jimmy’s Brewing Co
- Bale Breaker Brewing Co
- Black Raven Brewing
- Cash Brewing Company
- Dick’s Brewing Company
- Farmstrong Brewing
- Foxtail Cider
- Fremont Brewing
- Jellyfish Brewing Company
- Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Laurelwood Brewing Company
- Locust Cider
- Lowercase Brewing
- Lucky Envelope Brewing
- Lumber House Brewery, LLC
- Matchless Brewing
- No-Li Brewhouse
- One Tree Hard Cider
- Outer Planet Craft Brewing
- Paulaner USA
- Pear Up Cider
- Portland Cider Co
- Redhook Brewery
- Seapine Brewing
- Schilling Cider
- Snoqualmie Falls Brewery
- Ten Pin Brewing
- Tieton Cider
- Triplehorn Brewing Co.
- Urban Family Brewing
- Virtue Cider
- Wild Ride Brewing
- Yakima Craft Brewing
Sponsors & Partners
- Absolut Vodka
- Demitri’s Bloody Mary Seasoning
- Elysian Brewing
- Hill Meat Company
- Jameson Caskmates
- Pear Up Hard Cider
- Stella Artois