Morgan Herzog, the impresario at The Beer Junction (blog sponsor), has another trick up his sleeve. Last October, leading up to the Great Pumpkin Beer Festival, Morgan organized his own pumpkin beer festival at his bottleshop and bar in West Seattle. The first-ever Pumpkin Junction saw The Beer Junction turn over the majority of its 20 taps to gourd-inspired brews for a week. Now, Morgan is getting the wood out with Barrel Junction, a weeklong celebration of barrel-aged brews.
Beginning this Saturday, January 19, The Beer Junction will dedicate most of its taps to barrel-aged beers. A large assortment of beers will rotate-in throughout the week. We’re talking about the good stuff. For instance: The Lost Abbey’s Deliverance Bourbon-Aged Serpent Stout; Fremont Brewing’s Oak-Aged Darkstar Imperial Oatmeal Stout (infused with hazelnuts and smoked peppercorn); Firestone Walker’s Parabola; Great Divide Brewing’s Rumble Oak-Aged IPA; Dogfish Head Brewing’s Burton Baton American Double; Sierra Nevada Brewing’s Bourbon Ovila Quad; and many, many more. See the list below.
Pretty much the only thing you need to know is that The Beer Junction is closed on Monday. Otherwise, go get some barrel-aged beer. You can order a full pour of your favorite or you can build your own taster tray.
Not into barrel aged beers? They’ve got you covered. All week long six taps will be devoted to some of The Beer Junction’s favorite IPAs, pale ales, ambers, lagers and more. And they always offer at least one cider on tap, plus red and white wines by the glass. And if all else fails-check out the bottleshop area for a selection of 1500 bottled beers, ciders, meads, sakes, and wines, which can be enjoyed in house.
Check out the opening lineup:
- Lost Abbey (San Marcos, CA) Deliverance (blend of Bourbon Aged Serpent’s Imperial Stout & Brandy Barrel Aged Angel’s Share Barleywine)- 12.5%
- Duo Brewing (Puyallup, WA) Rye Whiskey Scotch Ale- 7.1%
- Left Hand (Longmont, CO) Ambidextrous Oak Aged Imperial Milk Stout- 10.2%
- Great Divide (Denver, CO) Rumble Oak Aged IPA – 7.1%
- Great Divide (Denver, CO) Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout – 9.5%
- North Sound (Mount Vernon, WA) Creepy Monkey Bourbon & Whiskey Aged Imperial Brown Ale – 12.0%
- Odin Brewing (Seattle, WA) Bourbon Aged Thor’s Equinox with brett-9.0%
- Rodenbach (Belgium) Grand Cru Flemish Sour-6.0%
- Snipes Mountain (Sunnyside, WA) Quinceanera Andrea Bourbon and Bordeaux Aged Dark Sour
- Uinta (Salt Lake City, UT) Sea Legs Oak Aged Baltic Porter-8.0%
- Fish Tale (Olympia, WA) Dry Fly Whiskey Aged Mudshark Porter-5.8%
- Boulder (Boulder, CO) Bourbon Hoopla Pale Ale-5.7%
- Woodchuck (Middlebury, VT) Bourbon Apple Cider: 6.9%
- Black Diamond (Concord, CA) Bourbon Belgian-style Grand Cru-8.0%
Specific Beer on Specific Days:
(All will be tapped at 5pm on their respective day, except for the Fremont Dark Star which will be tapped at 11AM on Sunday 1/20).
1. Sunday 1/20- Fremont (Seattle, WA) Oak Aged Dark Star Imperial Oatmeal Stout (infused with hazelnuts and smoked peppercorns) – 8.0%
2. Monday 1/21- None (sorry we’re closed on Mondays)
3. Tuesday 1/22- Firestone Walker (Paso Robles, CA) Parabola Bourbon Imperial Stout- 12.5%
4. Wednesday 1/23- Schooner Exact (Seattle, WA) Hoppy The Woodsman Bourbon Winter Ale- 9.0%
5. Thursday 1/24- 10 Barrel (Bend, OR) Grandpa’s Cup Bourbon Stout – 7.5%
6. Friday 1/25- Fort George (Astoria, OR) The Three Wisemen (imperial oatmeal stout separately aged in tequila, rum, and bourbon barrels and blended back together)-9.9%
7. Saturday 1/26 – Dogfish Head (Milton, DE) Immort Ale Barleywine- 11.0%
Barrel Brews In Waiting:
(will be tapped as spots open up- not listed in a particular order)
1. De Dochter (Belgium) Embrasse Ardbeg Aged Belgian Strong Ale – 9.0%
2. Boulevard (Kansas City, MO) Rye on Rye- 12.0%
3. Anderson Valley (Boonville, CA) Bourbon Stout-5.8%
4. Hales (Seattle, WA) Bourbon Wee Heavy-7.4%
5. Uinta (Salt Lake City, UT) Labyrinth Black Ale-13.2%
6. Sierra Nevada (Chico, CA) Bourbon Ovila Quad-10.1%
7. Pike (Seattle, WA) Bourbon Imperial Stout-10.0%
8. Dogfish Head (Milton, DE) Burton Baton Oak Aged Imperial IPA-10.0%
9. Boulder (Boulder, CO) Rum Flashback India Brown Ale-6.8%
10. Port Brewing (San Marcos, CA) Old Viscosity-10.0%
11. Oakshire (Eugene, OR) Pinot Noir Very Ill Tempered Gnome-10.5%
12. He’Brew (NewYork) Funky Jewbelation-9.8%
13. Great Divide (Denver, CO) Espresso Oak Aged Yeti-9.5%
and maybe more….!
For those of you who have not yet visited The Beer Junction, or have not visited the new Beer Junction, you are in for a treat. The best way to describe it? It is a kickass beer bar doubling as a kickass bottleshop. Plenty of free parking. Especially in the lot around back.
Barrel Junction at The Beer Junction
Saturday, January 19 through Saturday, January 26.
4511 California Ave. SW
Seattle, WA 98116