On Saturday, March 26th, Belgian and Sour Beer Week kicks off at The Beer Junction. For the course of the week, they’ll dedicate over 20 taps to Trappist, Belgian, and Belgian-style beers. The opening day lineup is below.
Also, Saturday the 26th is Orval Day. At The Beer Junction that means you can enjoy glass pours of Orval for just $6.99. The first 50 to drink a bottle in-house get to keep the authentic Orval goblet glass. Around 3:00-4:00, representatives from Orval’s importer and distributor (Merchant Du Vin and Odom) will be on hand to tell you the history of this amazing beer and raffle off some Orval swag.
Orval is a perfect way to kick off Belgian and Sour Beer Week. Not only is Orval one of the highest rated beers in the world, but is often listed by brewers and beer industry folks as one of their favorite all-time beers. If you’ve never tried it, now’s the time.
Here’s the opening day line-up:
1. Avery The Beast Grand Cru – 2012 vintage!
2. Ballast Point Sour Wench
3. Black Raven La Mort Bourbon
4. Chimay Grande Reserve (Blue Label)
5. Deschutes NOT The Stoic
6. Deschutes THE Stoic
7. Dogfish Head Oak Aged Noble Rot
8. Firestone Bretta Weisse
9. Holy Mountain Galaxy Saison
10. Lagunitas Aunt Sally Dry Hopped Sour
11. Logsdon Cerasus Flanders Red with cherries
12. Logsdon The Conversion Northwest Sour
13. Lost Abbey Cuvee De Tomme – 2014 Vintage
14. Ommegang Rosetta
15. Pike Wood Aged Tandem Dubbel
16. The Bruery Rueuze Gueuze
17. The Bruery Tart of Darkness – 2014 vintage
18. Trinity Seven Day Sour
19. Trinity Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangsta Black & Wild
20. Trinity Le Capitaine Golden Saison Regal
21. Trinity Menacing Kumquat
22. Trinity Red Swingline Sour IPA