Job opportunity posting date 8/5/2015
BREWER – BELLEVUE BREWING COMPANY
Are you ready to take the next step in your brewing career? The Bellevue Brewing Company is now seeking an experienced brewer to become part of its expanding brewing program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head Brewer throughout the entire brewing process and efficiently achieving company production goals; from receiving brewing materials to racking and bottling finished product, and everything in between.
This is not an entry-level position. All candidates must posses the following, minimum requirements in order to be considered for the position:
• Minimum of one (1) years as a production or assistant brewer.
• Demonstrated understanding of all brewhouse, and cellar.
• Demonstrated ability to consistently follow recipes and adhere to all brewery SOPs.
• Ability to independently brew batches and oversee brewery operations.
• Complete understanding of the brewing, cellaring, racking, and packaging processes.
• Some recipe conception and development experience.
• Some mechanical aptitude.
• Academic training in a related field (i.e. chemistry, fermentation, math, etc.) is preferred.
• Working knowledge of industry safety protocols and best practices.
• Although spacious, the brewhouse is a wet, labor intensive, hands-on, and physical environment.
• Candidate must be in excellent health and able to: bend, twist, stretch, kneel, climb stairs and ladders, stand for long periods of time, lift bulky objects greater than 50 pounds, use a squeegee, broom, and shovel heavy spent grain.
• The brewhouse systems are manual and the space is not climate-controlled, which requires stamina to maintain productivity.
• Addressing personal hydration and dietary needs, and managing time efficiently are important to maintaining productivity.
• Hazardous chemicals are used in the brewhouse and must be handled appropriately.
• Long hours, weekend work, and participating in various trade- and sales-related offsite events should be expected.
• Candidate must own a car or truck in good operating condition.
• Candidate must posses a valid driver’s license.
• Candidate must be 21 years of age or older and provide proof of right to work in U.S.A.
COMPENSATION & RELATED
• This is a salaried position.
• Initial salary and benefits package will depend on experience and be competitive within the local marketplace.
• The Bellevue Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports workplace diversity.
• Pre-employment background check will be performed and all references and work history will be verified.
• Please e-mail your resume and cover letter in PDF to [email protected]
• Sorry, no phone calls or walk-ins, please.