Bellingham Beer Week officially kicked off last Friday and runs through Sunday, September 21st. All five of Bellingham’s breweries, along with regional breweries, beer bars, restaurants, and retailers, are hosting events. Now in its third year, the object of Bellingham Beer Week is to celebrate the city’s growing craft beer scene.
Visit the official website to learn more. Here is information we received from Chuckanut Brewery about a beer dinner on Wednesday, September 17th:
Chuckanut & Menace Beer Dinner at the Local
Chuckanut Brewery and Menace Brewery will be partnering with the Local for a special collaborative Beer Dinner on September 17 at the Local, 1427 Railroad Ave, Bellingham. Chefs from both Chuckanut Brewery’s Kitchen and The Local Public House have put together an amazing menu to pair with both Chuckanut and Menace Beers! There will be several seatings for the dinner, tickets are $50 for the food & beer and can be purchased by calling the Local at 360-306-3731.
The six course dinner will be paired with specific beers to highlight the food:
1. Fried Wonton filled with northwest spiced hummus served with Kale Chips and paired with Chuckanut Fest will be the first course.
2. Chiffonade of local Terra Verde Black Kale Salad tossed with Box Berry Farms spicy blueberry vinaigrette, finished with curried cashews, & cotija cheese served with Menace Nitro Earl Grey English Mild.
3. Local Barleans Manila Clams & Shrimp in Cioppino broth served with house made bread sticks and paired with Chuckanut Bohemian Pilsner.
4. Local artisan Smoked Salmon “Caleb Brown” prepared 3 ways complimented by Menace Saison.
5. House Ancho Rub smoked Pork Loin paired with Chuckanut British IPA.
6. Chocolate & Lime Chiffon Cake served with Menace Chili Bravo
This great dinner was created to honor Bellingham Beer Week. Chuckanut Brewery & Kitchen, located at 601 West Holly St, was awarded the National Small Brewpub/Brewer of the Year 2009 and National Small Brewery/Brewer of the Year 2011 at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, CO. Its full service “Kitchen” is open daily at 11am to guests of all ages with an eclectic fresh local menu. Menace Brewery is a nano brewery based in Ferndale having it’s outlet at the Local Public House. Limited supplies of Menace beer are available around Whatcom County. The Local is a beer centric pub carrying a variety of craft beers and serving a full menu in a convenient downtown location.