Über Tavern is closing. There, do I have your attention? Über opened five years ago in Seattle’s Green Lake neighborhood and began dutifully pouring an outstanding selection of great beers, accompanying each pint with a fiery “Don’t call me small” attitude. With 17 beers on tap, the tavern offers more taps per square foot than any other bar in the city. According to the owners, Über Tavern is now in need of a facelift. The bar will shut down for three weeks to undergo a significant remodel.
What does this mean for you? Not only will you get to drink at a new and improved Über Tavern once it reopens in February, you will also get some special deals as the old Über closes. The final day is Saturday, January 21st. When the bar opens at noon that day, enjoy a $2.50 discount on each pint. Every two hours the price goes up 50 cents. Also, Über Tavern plans to pour a very special beer from Cascade Brewing to mark the occasion. Complete details are below.
January 21st is also Niko’s last day at Über. The beloved bartender is defecting to Portland. (Best wishes, Niko!). Find Niko behind the bar until 7:00 p.m. and find him under the bar shortly thereafter. You are invited to come help send him off in style.
Here is the news direct from Über:
BUT SAVE THIS DATE: SAT 1/21/12 @ 12:00 p.m.
1) Last day / night of “Original Über”. – We are remodeling, slated to reopen Fri 2/10/12. More on that below.
2) Last day for Niko! Booooooo! – Our good friend & long time bartender is moving to Portland!
3) It is going to be a damn near free-for all. – Don’t miss it.
HERE’S THE DEAL
YOU CAN HELP BY DOING THESE 2 THINGS:
1) KILL EVERY KEG IN THE BAR (read on–we’ll make it easy)
2) Come say good-bye to Niko. It won’t be the same without him.
After 5+ years, our bar is ready for a facelift and we’re going kinda big…for our little place, hence the 3 week closure. Über has 17 taps. Every one will be replaced with a new keg when we reopen. So let’s kill all the old ones on our last night.
STARTING AT NOON WHEN NIKO OPENS:
– EVERY SINGLE DRAFT BEER will be $2.50 off
– That means a lot of $2 pints and such
– Every 2 hours they go up .50
– By 10:00 p.m. they will be back to regular price, BUT…
– All growler fills will be half-price from 10:00 til close!
It wouldn’t be our style not to roll out some completely off-the-hook keg for such an occasion. We asked our friends at Cascade Brewery in Portland to come up with a VERY SPECIAL keg for Niko’s last hurrah (and ours). Details of the beer will come later, but yes it will also be featured at the same crazy discounts as all the other beers.
It goes without saying there will probably never be a day/night like this at our place again, and many of us will be saying
good-bye to a great friend.
Do it! You won’t regret it. Well you might. But you won’t remember it.
See you under the old bar for the last time,
Your friends at Über Tavern
PS: Niko will be there from 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. behind the bar. Then under it shortly after. Buy him a beer!