In case you are not a WABL (and you should be), we are posting the following information, which was sent out to all WABLs this morning. The beer list is finally in. This is not the abbreviated one we posted earlier, but the complete list. The details about the Belgian Beer Dinner have only been released for WABL members, and seating is limited, so I’m not including that information here.
Georgetown Studios @ The Engine Room
5890 Airport WayS. Seattle, WA98108
Saturday, January 23rd
Session 1: 12-4pm & Session 2: 6-10pm
Tickets are available online and at select ticket outlets. Space is limited so get your tickets early! Only a limited number of tickets are available online and they are about 50% gone already. For availability at the outlets please contact each location.
Admission is $30 advance or $35 at the door. Separate tickets required for each session. Admission includes a tasting glass and ten tastes. Designated driver admission is $5 and available at the door only. 21 and over only.
Beer List – To see the beer list, and to see the rest of the information about Belgianfest, continue reading.
Here’s a list that you’ve all been waiting for. 25 Washington breweries, nearly 50 Belgian style beers!
- Anacortes Brewery – Anacortes Sour Brown (Belgian Sour), Anacortes Belgian (Belgian Dubble?)
- Baron Brewing Co. – TBA
- Big Al Brewing – Local Hero #6- Saison (Saison), Watermelon Sour (Sour beer)
- Big Time Brewery – Malaprop 8 (Belgian Abbey)
- Black Raven Brewing Co. – Pour les Oiseaux (Wine Barrel Aged Saison)
- Boundary Bay Brewery – BoundaryBay Tripel (Belgian Tripel)
- Diamond Knot Brewing Co. – TBA
- Dick’s Brewing Co. – Silk Lady (Belgian Pale Ale), Tripel (Belgian Tripel), Grand Cru (Grand Cru)
- Elliott Bay Brewing Co. – Blended Brett Beer (Blonde & Red Brett), Hop von Boorian (Belgian IPA), Gulden von Boorian, Cask Red von Boorian (Tart Belgian Red Ale)
- Elysian Brewing Co. – Bete Noel (Belgian Strong Ale), Name TBA (Saison Farmhouse Ale), Toro Oro Mate Tripel (Trippel w/Yerba Mate)
- Fremont Brewing Co. – Solstice Saison (Saison), Sideshow Saison (Saison)
- Georgetown Brewing Co. – Donkey Deux (Belgian Dubbel)
- Hale’s Ales Brewery – Hale’s “25” Belgian Dubbel (Belgian Dubbel), Hale’s Saison (Saison)
- Issaquah Brewhouse – Menage A Frog (Belgian Tripel), White Frog (Belgian Wit), Polywog Grand Cru (Grand Cru)
- Naked City Brewery – Une Terreur (Belgian Golden)
- Pike Brewing Co. – Pike Monk’s Uncle (Belgian Tripel), Pike Tandem (Belgian Double), Pike Tripel Kreik (Belgian Tripel Kreik)
- Port Townsend Brewing Co. – Belgian Dark Rye (Belgian Dark Strong Ale)
- Ram Restaurant & Brewery – TBA, TBA
- Redhook Ale Brewery – Belgian Tripel (Belgian Tripel), Raspberry Dubbel (Dubbel)
- Salmon Creek Brewery – Brother Larry’s (Belgian Dubbel)
- Scuttlebutt Brewing Co. – 777 ’07 (1st session) (Belgian Tripel), 777 ’09 (2nd session) (Belgian Tripel)
- Skagit River Brewery – TBA
- Snipes Mountain Brewery – Dark Matter (Blended Sour Red)
- Snoqualmie Falls Brewing Co. – Spring Fever 2010 (Grand Cru), Spring Fever 2009 (Grand Cru), Dubbel Dubbel Toil & Trouble (Belgian Dubbel)
- Two Beers Brewing – Crooked Belgian Wit (Belgian Wit), Cask Dry Peeled Crooked Belgian Wit (Belgian Wit)
- The WABL Beer – Available only to WABL members, this beer is going to be a blend of different Belgianfest beers from the participating breweries. The brewers will get together after the New Year’s and decide the blend so no one knows what it’s going to be like at this point. It sure will be a beer you can’t miss, and of course it’ll be available exclusively to WABL members. So make sure to bring your Passport!
Please note that some beers are available in limited quantities and may run out early.
Belgian Beer Me!
A Belgian beer expert, Stu Stewart of Belgian Beer Me! will be on hand during Belgianfest to answer questions regarding the beer, history, culture and just about anything related to Belgium. Belgian Beer Me! also offers Belgian beer appreciation classes in Seattle and organizes Belgian beer tours every year.
Belgianfest guests will receive a $10 discount on Stu’s next Belgian beer appreciation classes at Beveridge Place Pub coming up on February 21st and April 11th. To RSVP contact Stu at [email protected]
At Belgianfest you can expect some sweet treats. Bluebird Ice Cream will be serving up their delicious ice cream, including an egg nog ice cream made with Elysian’s Bete Noel. And how about some Belgian waffles to go with your ice cream? Try some waffles by Sweet Iron, a brand new waffle cafe in downtown Seattle. These waffles originated in the city of Liège, Belgium and are made with a brioche style dough containing pearl sugar.