Tonight (Tues. Nov. 25) at Watershed Pub and Kitchen in Seattle, join Black Raven Brewing for a special beer + food pairing event. This is the third installment in the pub’s Convergence Series of events. Things get rolling at 6:00 P.M.
The Oxford English Dictionary defines convergence this way: “Several people or things coming together from different directions so as eventually to meet.” At Watershed Pub and Kitchen, convergence refers to a monthly event (the last Tuesday of the month) where pub staff and renowned Northwest breweries team up to present amazing food and beer pairings, featuring food from a local purveyor.
Along with a selection of beers from Black Raven Brewing, tonight’s event features cheese and meat from Samish Bay Cheese, which is actually a farm. In addition to producing some fantastic cheeses (Samish Bay is a renowned local cheese producer), Suzanne and Roger Wechsler also raise organic, grass-fed cattle and pasture-raised hogs. Tonight’s event features a bit of all those things. The farm is located near Bow, Washington, about 75 miles north of Seattle.
Tonight’s event raises money for FSH muscular dystrophy research, with proceeds benefit Friends of FSH Research. For each Black Raven beer sold, one dollar will be donated by Watershed and matched by Black Raven. Black Raven will also raffle off some beer swag.
Here is the list of beer and food pairings available tonight at the Watershed Pub and Kitchen:
- Old Birdbrain with Samish Bay Cheese Plate (Samish Bay natural rind gouda, fruit, nuts and baguette)
- Gunopowder Plot Nitro Porter with porter stew (slow-braised Samish Bay stew meat, soup bone broth and hearty veggies).
- Nothing But Flowers Session IPA with aged Samish Bay ladysmith cheese and Samish Bay pork belly.
- Trickster IPA with carne asada torta (Watershed pie-fold style sandwich with marinated Samish Bay skirt steak, Samish Bay queso diablo, slaw, pickled onions, crema and cilantro.
- Jackdaw Pumpkin Dark Saison with Convergence Pizza (acorn squash puree base, Samish Bay Mont Blanchard cheddar, caramelized onions, apples and walnuts.
- Festivus Holiday Ale with cranberry compote and whipped Samish Bay labneh topping.
Watershed Pub & Kitchen
10104 3rd Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98125