Updated 7/27/18 – Contest now closed. Winner has been notified. We had a lot more comments on Facebook than we did hear on the blog, but the winner was chosen at random from all comments.
Updated 7/23/18 – We are giving away a pair of tickets to this event. To enter simply leave a comment and answer this simple question: which of the breweries listed below is your favorite. On Friday, July 27th we will pick a winner at random from all entries.
Mark your calendar. Order your early bird tickets now. On Saturday, August 11th in downtown Tacoma, the Broadway Center for the Performing Arts hosts the sixth annual Brew Five Three beer and music festival. Along with a great lineup of live music, the block party features beer and wine from over 35 local producers as well as food from a variety of food trucks.
Event organizers anticipate a sell-out, especially for the beer festival part of the event, so get your early bird tickets soon. Tickets are $25 if ordered in advance before July 24th. ($10 for designated drivers). More ticket info below. This is a 21+ event.
Participants confirmed at this time include:
2 Towns Cider
7 Seas Brewing
Cash Brewing Company
D’s Wicked Cider
Fox Island Brewing
Gig Harbor Brewing
Louis Raison French Cidre
Maritime Pacific Brewing
Odd Otter Brewing
Pacific Brewing & Malting Co.
Pear Up Cider
Seattle Cider Co.
Two Beers Brewing
Wet Coast Brewing
1:30 p.m. Bryson Foster Band – A soul, blues, and hip-hip band that is passionate about cultivating the already-beautiful works and people of Tacoma.
3:30 p.m. Candy Shoppe – A sweet seven-piece dance band that dishes out hit after hit! They perform Disco, Motown, Blues, and 80s era music while incorporating their smooth and light sounds.
6:15 p.m. BoobooLala – A Tacoma band, by the way of Port Orchard, WA. The band emits its own three-word mantra with every note, “everybody love everybody.” As they take their music fresh out the oven, it looks easy. It isn’t easy. But it is easy to love Booboolala.
- Stacks 571 Burger & Whiskey Bar
- Arnold’s Happy Days Food Truck
- Athena’s Gyros
- Great Northwest Popcorn
- Europa Bistro – Pizzarium,
- Bliss Creamery
More Event and Ticket Info
- Brew Five Three is a 21+ event and valid photo ID is required for entry; no exceptions.
- The event entrance is at 9th and Broadway.
- Brew Five Three will take place rain or shine.
- Well-behaved dogs on leash are welcome.
- Advance tickets are$25* through July 24, $35* from July 25 to Aug. 10, and $38 at the gate.
- General admission include six tasting tokens and a souvenir glass. Tastes are 4 oz. pours.
- Members of the military may purchase a $25* ticket without expiry.
- Designated driver tickets, without glass or tokens, are $10* in advance or $13 at the gate and include free water and soda.
*Advance ticket prices listed do not include handling fees. Handling fees vary from $2.50 to $5 depending on the type of transaction. Day-of/at the gate ticket prices listed include fees.
To purchase advance tickets, call the Broadway Center Box Office at 253.591.5894, toll-free 1.800.291.7593, visit in person at 901 Broadway in Tacoma’s Theater District or get tickets online here. Tickets may be purchased at the gate with cash or credit card.