A beer-battered Monte Cristo sandwich? Shut the front door!
Tomorrow’s Master Brewers Brunch at the Porterhouse (Friday, May 21st) should be a good one. In attendance will be rockstars from the brewing world, such as John Harris of Full Sail Brewing and Steve Wagner of Stone Brewing. Local heroes like Drew Cluly (Pike), Pat Ringe (Diamond Knot) and Dave Buhler (Elysian) will also be in attendance. Rounding out the list of “for sure” guests is Jamie Floyd of Ninkasi Brewing. Rumors abound, but you can bet that this event will attract other great brewers from near and far. There are a lot of important people in town this week. Duh.
Like the brewers, the beers that will be poured include some certainties and some surprises. For sure, expect to see Full Sail’s Spotless IPA, Stone’s Russian Imperial Stout, Pike’s Double IPA, Elysian’s Dry-Hopped Immortal IPA, Diamond Knot’s ESB, and Ninkasi’s the Kraken.
Things get rolling at 10:00 a.m. and the food and beer will last until it is all gone. We just got a sneak peek at the food menu. Now you get the same.
- Quiche Lorraine served with assorted fresh fruit.
- Omlette Denver Style (ham, greem pepper, onion and cheddar) served with hashbrowns and choice of toast.
- Fresh crepes. Your choice of sweet with fresh strawberry and marscapone or savory with chicken and provalone.
- Porterhouse Portobello Pile – Roasted mushrooms, green onions and tomato with two eggs your style and your choice of cheese, served with your choice and toast.
- Beer Battered Monte Cristo with fresh organic raspberry coulis.
- Smoked Salmon Benedict, fresh house-made hollandaise and love. Served with hashbrowns.