In a town noted for world class wine, with dozens upon dozens of wineries to call its own, Crossbuck Brewing is bucking the trend. Located in the historic train depot just off Highway 12 on your way into downtown Walla Walla, the brewery is now brewing its beer on-site and has planned a grand opening event for January 27th (details below). Keep an eye on the company’s Facebook page.
For some time now, Crossbuck Brewing has contract-brewed its beer at other breweries in the area, but now the system is up and running and they are ready to start pouring house-made beers. In addition to the event at the brewery, Steven Brack, Crossbuck Brewing’s brewer, will be in Seattle during early February for tasting events (details to come). Keep an eye on the company’s Facebook page.
Crossbuck Brewing shares the old depot building with Walla Walla Steak Company. The two also share a common owner and a kitchen. Basically, two connected concepts inside the historic depot. You can take a look at the food menu on Crossbuck Brewing’s website.
As I reported a few months ago, this is no small venture. The build-out included some massive renovations and additions to the old depot building, like the addition of a whole new, attached building and the addition of an old rail car. See the Facebook page for more pictures, videos, etc of the construction project.
Here is more information about Crossbuck Brewing’s Freighthoppers Mug Club Membership:
- $79.00 yearly (existing members get 25% discount on renewal) Only 125 memberships available.
- With purchase comes Brewery Swag Bag: bottle opener, hat and mug and to take home!
- $1.00 off every Crossbuck draft beer purchase (Any size! Anytime!) $3.00 off 64 oz Growler Fills
20% off merchandise
- Offer additional deep discounts on monthly “member’s nights”Example: Half priced appetizers on Wednesdays, Happy Hour all day on Sundays, Growler fill special of the week, etc.
- Host annual appreciation and membership renewal party + Quarterly Exclusive Members only
- Freighthopping Mug Club (+ 1 guest) parties to coincide with a special beer release.
Q1: Sausagefest: Beer and Weiner Pairing
Q2: Brewer’s Backyard Patio Party
Q3: Brewery spent grain raised Pig Roast
Q4: Pint and Prime Meat Medley in the Railcar
- First to know about beer releases, events and breaking brewery news, + Free VIP upgrades at select brewery events
- First right of acceptance for 2020 membership
- Right of first refusal on limited special release bottles and cans when barrel program launches
Here is more info about the brewery’s launch party:
*This is a ticketed taproom takeover event party
January 27th, 2019
Noon – 4pm
$25 for adults – 5 beer flight
$10 for kids, 12 and under – 3 root beer flight
Flights and Heavy Appetizers
Beef and Pulled Pork Sliders
Spinach – Artichoke Dip
Oven Roasted Meatballs
Keep an eye on the Facebook page for more information.