This weekend the Washington Beer Commission presents the 7th Annual Bremerton Summer Brewfest. The event showcases a lot of great beer from breweries across the state, but also lends some extra focus to fruit-infused and fruit-inspired brews. Below I mention some of the beers that sound most interesting to me. You can see the complete list of breweries and beer in our previous post. Don’t like fruit beers? Do not despair; there’s plenty of unfruited beers for you at this event.
Also, Kitsap Transit just introduced a new, faster way for people to get from Seattle to Bremerton. The new Fast Ferry gets you from Seattle’s waterfront to Bremerton in just 28 minutes. The Bremerton Summer Brewfest takes place on the waterfront Boardwalk, a very short walk from the ferry terminal. THIS is the best way to get from Seattle to the event! Details and schedule here.
For complete details about the festival, and ticket info, visit the official event website.
Here’s what piques my interest:
- Bainbridge Brewing will pour their Windfall Grapefruit IPA, which won a silver medal at last year’s Washington Beer Awards and a bronze medal at this year’s Washington Beer Awards.
- Dystopian State Brewing of Tacoma will tap into their Virtual Light, which uses El Dorado and Rakau hops to provide sweet melon and tangerine that is “almost candy-like.”
- Fremont Brewing is bringing Universale Tropicale, a fruited version of their pale ale that features “tropical goodness of Lime, Mango, and Pineapple.” Along with that, Fremont is bringing an absurd selection of other beers to the festival.
- Georgetown Brewing will pour its GABF gold medal winning Bodhizafa IPA, which isn’t fruit-infused but certainly tastes like it.
- Ghost Runner Brewing from Vancouver is bringing its Chasing Fluffy Pink Unicorns, a raspberry gose, which also makes us of rose hips and peppercorns.
- Lovecraft Brewing of Bremerton will pour its Key Lime Pale Ale – “A light, crisp pale ale from our experimental hops series, with key limes added with a randall.”
- Rainy Daze Brewing is going to serve up a fruit-infused version of its award-winning Goat Boater IPA: Pineapple-Mango Goat Boater IPA.
- Silver City Brewery. Not fruit-infused, but keep an eye on what they’ll have on the rotating tap. That’s all I’m gonna say.
- Ten Pin Brewing from Moses Lake is bringing their Groove Pineapple Wheat, which is a part of the breweries regular lineup. It’s one of those fruit beers that even appeals to people who say they don’t like fruit beers.
- Two Beers Brewing, Lima Loca. One of my personal favorites. A great, light, refreshing beer for the summer. It’s a Mexican-style lager with a hint of lime.
- WABL member will get to enjoy El Dorado Pale from Rainy Daze Brewing, a Pale Ale infused with Passion Fruit.
Cheers to our sponsors, like…