Last month I posted a story about Schooner Exact Brewing and the upcoming hop field trip – Tiptoe Through the Hop Fields. This is a reminder. You are invited to join the Schooner Exact crew on Saturday, September 7th for a day as they venture east to partake in the annual hop harvest. If you’ve never witnessed the hop harvest firsthand, it is a spiritual experience for any beer lover. There are still some seats available for this uncommon opportunity.
Travel round trip via motor coach to a hop farm just outside of Yakima, enjoy a deluxe picnic lunch in the hop fields, harvest hops, brew a batch of fresh hop beer (right there on the farm), quaff refreshing libations. Those are just some of the highlights. Here’s what Schooner Exact posted on its website.
Schooner EXACT is taking a Fresh Hop Field Trip
September 7, 2013 – 9AM-9PM
Experience harvest in a truly Northwest-style fashion. Schooner EXACT Brewing Company would like to invite you to join us for a Fresh Hop Field Trip to experience the hop harvest at a whole new level. We will be transporting you and your friends from Seattle to the Toppenish hop farm famous for creating the Amarillo hop. After an exclusive tour of the Virgil Gamache Hop Farm, we will sit down to a gourmet picnic prepared on-site by our Chef. To make this learning experiential, our attendees will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to pick hops straight from the vine and help brew a truly FRESH hop beer. Of course, there will be plenty of beer available throughout the day to quench your thirst.
For the ticket price of $200/person, you will receive:
- a continental breakfast prior to departure
- round-trip transportation on a luxury coach, from Seattle to the Yakima Valley
- a seasonal, fresh gourmet picnic, prepared by Schooner EXACT’s Chef Warren Peterson
- an opportunity to harvest fresh hops straight from the vine
- participate in brewing a batch of Fresh Hop IPA
- an exclusive tour of Virgil Gamache Hop Farm during their busiest and most exciting time of year
- a commemorative bottle of the beer* you helped brew
Space is limited. To purchase your tickets, please visit Schooner EXACT Brewing, located at 3901 1st Ave. S., Seattle or contact us at (206) 432-9734 .
*to be picked up at the brewery when the batch is ready.