Silver City Brewery is looking for a motivated, responsible and knowledgeable beer lover in the Seattle/Tacoma area to advocate the virtues of its fine product. In other words, Silver City is looking to hire a local sales representative.
The job posting showed up on Craigslist today. Kurt Larson, Director of Sales and Marketing at Silver City, asked if we wouldd share this information with our blog audience. We are happy to do so.
If you end up getting this job because you read about it here on the Washington Beer Blog, I must remind you that we have a job referral fee of exactly one beer. The complete job posting is below:
Silver City Brewery – Area Sales Representative
Silver City Brewery, Kitsap County’s premier award winning craft brewery, is looking for a dynamic, high energy, outgoing & driven individual who is passionate about craft beer, to grow our sales in the Seattle/Tacoma area.
The position of Area Sales Representative is responsible for the sales and development of Silver City Brewery with Distributors, select chains and On/Off-Premise stores in the Seattle/Tacoma area through direct partnerships and building strong market relationships.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Build and maintain close working relationships with on and off premise accounts, both chain and independents in the Seattle/Tacoma area.
– Target and attain monthly distribution & volume sales growth goals.
– Seek out, schedule, manage, & work monthly promotional & sampling events.
– Build and maintain close working relationships with distributor sales and management personnel in Seattle/Tacoma area.
– Work area with the distributor sales representatives, field managers and Key Account Managers.
– Daily distributor assistance responsibilities including monitoring of price points orders, shipments, samples, training, quality control, and POS management.
– Provide weekly, monthly reports and accomplishments recap to Director of Direct Sales & Marketing and manage ongoing account maintenance trackers.
– Strong Craft Beer & industry knowledge
– Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
– Well organized, self motivated, with the ability to work independently.
– In possession of a high level of integrity, confidence, and the ability to forge strong professional relationships quickly.
– Must be able to travel extensively within the region.
– Strong desire to continue to grow professionally.
– Successful “in trade” beer sales experience including working with distributors, on premise accounts, and chains stores.
– Good written communication skills. Must possess the ability to develop and provide all necessary written reports, business correspondence and presentations necessary to satisfy job requirements.
– Good oral communication and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public with enthusiasm & professionalism.
– Current valid Washington State driver’s license.
– Must have a clean driving record (a drivers abstract/DMV driving record will be required before employment will be considered.)
– Time-management skills.
– Residency in Seattle/Tacoma area preferred.
– Must have personal vehicle for travel between accounts
– Must own a cell phone (cell phone allowance provided).
We will be accepting resumes starting today 11/29/2011.
Please email your resume by 12/16/2011.
All applicants must be available for interview on Tuesday 12/20/2011 at 206 Katy Penman Ave. Bremerton, WA 98312 & have their drivers abstract available for viewing at that time.
Please submit your resume to Kurt Larson at: kurt [email protected] silvercitybrewery.com – Please do not call about this position.