We stopped by Valley House Brewing in Duvall, Washington the other day to chat with Andy Lapworth, the owner/brewer. Below we share audio from that conversation (you can listen and/or download). The taproom is open now, but the official grand opening has now been scheduled.
Highlights of the interview:
- Valley House Brewing opened its taproom in Duvall a couple months ago, serving a selection of beer from local breweries alongside a couple of Valley House’s own beers. Those beers were brewed by Andy at other local breweries.
- The brewery is now functional. Beers are in the tanks and will be released in the coming weeks. He tells us about those beers.
- Grand Opening is scheduled for Saturday, February 10th. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for more details. Valley House Brewing is located at 16111 Main Street NE, Duvall, WA 98019. map
- Andy’s history as Black Raven Brewing’s first employee and his desire to live up to the brewing legacy he created there.
- His vision for the taproom, the brewery, and the kind of beers he intends to produce.
- Other fun stuff like sabotaging the local power grid, estate-grown barley, and his work as a carnival barker.
Interview recorded on January 13, 2018.
Click here to download Part 1.
Click here to download Part 2.