Lip service. “Be safe, use a designated driver, take a cab, don’t drive drunk.” Lip service. We hear it all the time at beer events, but in the end nobody does very much to actually help us get home safe. I suppose that’s fine. After all, it is our own responsibility. Still, the Washington Beer Blog wants to help. That’s why we’ve been talking about Uber so much lately. This past weekend Uber offered a 50-percent discount in association with the Washington Brewers Festival. That’s right, half off your ride home. See our previous post to learn more about the service.
I’ve now heard from more than one person who used Uber as part of the weekend’s transportation plan. NOBODY has anything bad to say about Uber. Usually, the reports I hear are very similar. “So much better than a cab,” seems to be the common theme. And Uber offers a service that cost the same as a cab. Less actually, because with Uber you do not tip the driver.
Anyway, I’ll cut to the chase. Uber is offering another outstanding deal.This time, they’re offering free rides. This Tuesday through Thursday you can take an UberX for free. See below for the details.
- Date and times for free rides: 6/18 6am - 6/20 11:59pm
- All rides are free up to $20, anything over that will be charged to the card on file.
- The discount is automatically applied.
- We are expecting very high demand. If you’re in a rush and don’t see any uberX available, give UberBLACK a shot!
- Some cars will be stocked with our popular Uber Tank Tops! While not everyone will get a tank top, the more you ride the better chance you have of getting one!
- uberX is the same rates as taxi but as always with Uber, there is no need to tip! (So it’s cheaper than a taxi!)
- Our most reliable pick up zone is here: www.uber.com/seattle but we can drop off anywhere!
You’ll need to get the application for your phone. Get it, set up your account and start using Uber. You will get hooked. It’s very cool, very easy, and gives you a safe and reliable way to get home.
Again, I want to make sure people understand that this is not a paid endorsement. I just really and truly like Uber that much. You will too. If Seattle taxicabs piss you off as much as they do me, you’ll love Uber too.