Today (Tuesday, May 18) marks the mid-point of Seattle Beer Week. Five of the 10 days of great beer events are now in the books. Looking ahead, a limited number of tickets are still available for Sunday’s Last Call – the official SBW closing ceremonies and beer festival featuring beer from some of Washington’s best breweries.
Here is the list of breweries and beers you can expect to find at Sunday’s event.
Airways Brewing Co.- Kent, WA
- ESB (ESB) – English and Northwest hops balance the malts nicely in this ESB. A generous dry-hopping gives this beer a sweet and slightly floral aroma. 5.5% ABV.
- Oak-Aged IPA (American IPA/Wood Aged Beer) – Airways’s house IPA aged on toasted American oak chips. Columbus hops lend bitterness as well as citrus and pine aroma/flavors. 6% ABV.
Anacortes Brewery- Anacortes, WA
- Mai Oh Maibock (Maibock) – This golden seasonal version of the classic bock style is malty with a delicate hop character from German Perle, Tettnang and Hallertau varieties. Named in honor of Mariners announcer Dave Niehaus’ classic exclamation. 6.5 % ABV.
Baron/Three Skulls Ales- Seattle, WA
- Hop Off The Plank Double IPA (Double IPA)
Big Al Brewing- Seattle, WA
- Big Al Sour (Sour)
Big Time Brewery- Seattle, WA
- Over Cat
Chuckanut Brewery & Kitchen- Bellingham, WA
- Secret Alt (Alt) – Sticke Alt that uses twice the raw ingredients and ages longer than a normal Alt or ale.
Diamond Knot Brewing Co.- Mukilteo, WA
- Scottish Ale (Scottish Ale) – Smoky Brown in color with medium- to full-bodied flavor and an understated hop presence. Brewed with a touch of peat-smoked malt for a subtle yet distinct smokiness. 6% ABV.
- Front St. Bitter (Pale Ale) – Originally batch of IPA that went sideways, this one is straw- to light-copper-colored, medium-bodied ale with some grassy, herbal goodness imparted by a generous Willamette dry-hop. 6.6% ABV.
Dick’s Brewing Co.- Centralia, WA
- Double Danger (Dark Ale) – We can’t really fit this beer into a category but with such success with the flagship “Danger Ale” we thought we could kick it up a notch and this is what we got. A dark ale with a heavy hop bill and an over the top amount of black malt gives way to a smoothness that any beer lover can appreciate. 8.5% ABV.
- Imperial Red Ale (Red Ale) – Here we go again with another higher alcohol offering that we know you’ll like, and if not… tough! A gorgeous red in color, a nice balanced ale with a highly hopped finish.
Elysian Brewing Co.- Seattle, WA
- Woodruff Maibock (Maibock)
Flyers Restaurant & Brewery- Oak Harbor, WA
- Pacemaker Porter (Robust Porter) – A Robust Porter in style, this dark full bodied ale has hints of roasted barley in the nose with flavors of coffee and bitter sweet chocolate on the palate.
- Afterburner IPA (NW IPA) – A hop lover’s delight! It is loaded start to finish with 5 hop additions. English and German malts give this hoppy ale a sturdy balanced and drinkability.
Fremont Brewing Co.- Seattle, WA
- Solstice (Summer Ale) – Refreshing summer beer featuring Gambrinus Organic Pale malt and Amarillo hops. 5.2% ABV.
- Totonic B-bomb (Barrel Aged Strong Ale) – Fremont’s Abominable Ale aged in bourbon barrels with new oak and organic vanilla beans.
Hale’s Ales Brewery- Seattle, WA
- Seattle Beer Week Double IPA (Double IPA)
- Other surprises from the cellar
Iron Horse Brewery- Ellensburg, WA
- Quilter’s Irish Death (Dark Strong Ale) – This beer does not conform to style. It’s dark, somewhat sweet and very smooth. 7.8% ABV.
- Bier de Garde (Bier de Garde) – This beer is a specialty malt experience. Golden Amber in color, this beer is aged for a smoother crisper taste that highlights all the complex flavors. 6.4% ABV.
Lazy Boy Brewing Co.- Everett, WA
- Nacho Pilsner (Chile Beer) – Lazy Boy Pilsner dry hopped with 5 varieties of chili peppers. A refreshing, crisp flavor with a slow burn on the end. 4.5% ABV.
- Lazy Boy Pale (Pale Ale) – New Pale Ale unfiltered with lots of hops.
Naked City Brewery- Seattle, WA
- Ferocity (Belgian Style Tripel) – A classic Belgian Style Tripel. Golden in color with a pleasant fresh banana nose, subtle hints of pear and a nice clean hop finish.
Pike Brewing Co.- Seattle, WA
- Dry Wit (Belgian Wheat Beer) – Spiced with Chamomile, lavender, coriander and orange peel. Made with Belgian yeast this beer is light and refreshing without compromising its flavor or complexity.
- Double IPA (Double IPA)- 2009 SBW Beer. Herbal with dry, crisp evergreen and citrus character from the humulus lupulus hops on the palate. This high hopped brew is balanced with smooth bisuity and earthy malt flavors.
Port Townsend Brewing Co.- Port Townsend, WA
- Luciferous Belgian Whiskey Sour
Pyramid Breweries- Seattle, WA
- Haywire Hefeweizen (Hefeweizen) – The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends. 5.2% ABV.
- Outburst Imperial IPA (Imperial IPA) – A crafty combination of four different hops and a dose of dry hopping powers Outburst to 80 IBU’s strong. Its bold profile offers an aroma reminiscent of the Northwest hop fields at harvest time along with spicy overtones of fresh citrus. Seeking a harmonious balance to the hop overload, four different specialty malts were blended to create a distinctive deep amber hue and sweet caramel and roasty flavors. 8.5% ABV.
Ram Restaurant & Brewery- Seattle, WA
- Saison (Saison) – A Belgian style Farmhouse ale brewed with organic Pale malt and fermented with a classic Saison strain with flavors of tropical fruit, spice and a refreshingly tart finish. 6.3% BAV.
- Black Sheet IPA (IPA) – Big, black & hoppy.
Scuttlebutt Brewing Co.- Everett, WA
- Tripel 7 (Belgian Tripel) – A Belgian style Tripel with pronounced clove and banana esters to mask the high alcohol content. As the beer warms white pear, apricot and apple flavors open up. 9% ABV.
- Anthony’s Pale Ale (American Pale Ale) – This American style Pale Ale is available exclusive at Anthony’s Restaurants. It’s a model of harmony between the rich malt flavors and the aggressive finishing hops. 5% ABV.
Snoqualmie Falls Brewing Co.- Snoqualmie, WA
- Sunstroke Imperial Pilsner (Pilsner)
Two Beers Brewing Co.- Seattle, WA
- Evo IPA (IPA) – Made for hop heads, those that smell hops and start to shake, jitter, or obsess over the taste this fine plant imparts on beer. So in that sense, this beer is made for the adventurer, the one not afraid of he nuances of life, the complexity of life and the unknown turn in the road ahead. 6.2% ABV.
- Crooked Belgian Wit (Belgian Wit) – Crafted for those who find their life to be less than predictable. This complex Belgian style wheat beer is a tribute to the often crooked nature of our existence. Coriander, orange peel and hops entertain your tongue and conjure up spicy, sweet and bitter moments that carry us beyond happily ever after.