Four years ago The Pine Box opened at the corner of Melrose Avenue and Pine Street in Seattle, transforming an old funeral parlor into one of the city’s best beer destinations. On Tuesday, March 22nd The Pine Box will officially celebrate the anniversary by tapping the 4th Nail, this year’s anniversary beer, along with a bunch of other special treats from the cellar.
The 4th Nail was brewed by Stoup Brewing Company and is described as a Belgian Imperial Stout. It will be available on draft and in bottles. It is the first time Stoup Brewing has packaged its beer in bottles. The 4th Nail clocks in at 9.55 percent ABV.
According to Brad Benson, owner/brewer at Stoup Brewing, “The 4th Nail is a dark, smooth, dare we say, sexy beer created to celebrate the 4th Anniversary of The Pine Box, purveyor of great beer on Capitol Hill. Dark Belgian candi sugar, roasted malts and dark crystal malts add moderate sweetness, molasses and licorice notes followed by a roasty finish. We used a mixed fermentation of American Ale yeast and Belgian Saison yeast for even more depth and complexity.”
The Pine Box will also be pulling some rare and special beers from the catacomb for the occasion. They says this will be the bar’s most epic tap lists ever.
The list is still coming together, but you can expect to see:
- Fremont Brewing Company 1st Nail Batch 3
- Fremont Brewing Rust Nail 2016 (Early Release)
- 10 Barrel Brewing Company 2nd Nail Ciderweiss Aged in Pinot Barrels with Brett
- Holy Mountain Brewing 3rd Nail
- Three Magnets Brewing Co. 1st Anniversary Strong Ale
- Abbaye de st. Bon Chien
- Against The Grain Brewery Bo & Luke Imperial Smoked Stout
- Avery Brewing Company The Beast Grand Cru Strong Ale
- Boneyard Beer Suge Night Imperial Stout
- Deschutes Brewery Jubel 2015 Imperial Winter Ale
- Elevation Beer Company False Summit Quadrupel
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Bretta-Weiss
- New Belgium Brewing Felix Love
- Port Brewing Co / The Lost Abbey Track 10 Barrel-Aged Strong Ale
- Perennial Artisan Ales Abraxxas Imperial Stout
- Prairie Artisan Ales Bomb Imperial Stout
- Trinity Brewing Apricot Swingline American Wild Ale