Last week I posted a story about new breweries coming to Seattle. Specifically, I called out Peddler Brewing and Urban Family Brewing, which are in various stages of opening in Ballard. Today I want to give a shout out to Populuxe Brewing, which also plans to open in Ballard. Populuxe Brewing is actually well on the way to opening. My bad; they should have been mentioned in the original story.
The brewery and tasting room on NW 49th Street are under construction, as you can see if you check out the Populuxe Brewing Facebook page. We will keep you posted as they approach a firm launch date. Peter Charbonnier and Jiri Zatloukal, the founders of Populuxe, will brew on a 1.5-barrel system. In addition to a tasting room, the brewery will have a spacious patio area complete with a championship cornhole court. No kidding. Check this out if you don’t know what I mean by championship cornhole: American Cornhole Association website
Keeping up with all the new breweries in planning around Washington is a daunting task. For example, below you will find the list of companies that have applied for a microbrewery license in the past 30 days. Of course, there is no guarantee that all or any of these will come to fruition, but they have applied for licensing with the state, which is just one piece of the puzzle.
- Spinnaker Bay Brewing, Seattle
- Mukilteo Brewing, Everett
- Blue Lightning Brew, Woodinville
- Colockum Craft Brewing, Kittitas
- Nosdunk Brewing, Walla Walla
- Fire & Irons, Dayton
- JB Enginnering, Spokane Valley
- Owl’s Roost Brewery, Poulsbo
- Ghost Runners Brewery, Vancouver
- Beerded Brothers Brewing, Vancouver
- Stash Ales Brewery, Bremerton
- Peddlers Brewing, Seattle