Thursday, January 12 – Looking for something to do tonight? It is Thursday, after all. No shortage of things happening around town tonight, especially if you like cask-conditioned beer. As usual, if there is something happening that we failed to mention, please share what you know in the comments section below.
Noble Fir – Tonight in Ballard it is Schooner Exact Progression Night at the Noble Fir. Hoppy the Woodsman, Project #3 Imperial Porter (which they made to blend with the barrel aged Imperial Porter and kegged some on its own just for the Noble Fir this year), and the 1 year Bourbon Barrel Aged Project # 3 Imperial Porter.
Naked City Cask Night – Naked City Athena IPA. Athena is the latest in Naked City’s Single Hop IPA Series; brewed with 100% Zythos hops. They primed the cask with Orange/Juniper Candi Syrup supplied by Jim Ladd at The Cascade Beer Candi Co. out of Woodinville. On the bar top at 4:00pm!
Beveridge Place Pub (blog sponsor)- Rare Draft Revelry. Among tonights tasty treats at the Beveridge Place Pub:
- Dogfish Head Fort – brewed with pureed raspberries and a Belgian yeast, it goes through a similar fermentation process to 120. (16% abv!).
- Cascade Frite Galois – farmhouse ale aged 3 months in white port barrels. A nice crisp sour beer (4.6%).
- Wingman Cerise Noire – sour/brett black beer brewed with black cherry tea (6%).
- North Coast Grand Cru – brewed with Pils malt & agave nectar, then fermented with a Belgian yeast, and aged in bourbon barrels. (12.5%)
- Naked City Big Lebrewski White Russian Imperial Cream Stout – mmm, Kahlua and oak! (9%)
- Avery The Beast Grand Cru ’09 – this massive brew has flavors of a dark rum. Dates, plums, and molasses in a rich vinous texture. (15%)
Airways Brewing (Taproom, not the Bistro) – Cask Night with a cask of Starliner Stout with Oregon Raspberries.
Diamond Knot Brewing – Tonight at the pub in Mukilteo, enjoy a cask of Diamond Knot IPA.
The Beer Junction (blog sponsor) – Jhon Gilroy of specialty beer importer Merchant Du Vin will be in the house to showcase Samuel Smith’s Brewery. They’ll be sampling Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout, Imperial Stout, Taddy Porter, Raspberry Ale, and Organic Cider! Try all 5 for just $4. 7:45 last call.
Elliott Bay Brewery Pub – West Seattle – Cask night with a cask of Nitwit Imperial Wheat Ale.
Stumbling Monk – On Thursdays the Stumbling Monk typically taps a cask of something special shortly after they open at 6:00 p.m. Call them to confirm and get the details (206) 860-0916
What else is happening tonight?