Throughout February, Ray’s Cafe (the waterfront restaurant and bar in Ballard) welcomed patrons to participate in a friendly neighborhood taste-off, allowing them to vote for their favorite Ballard-born brews. They hosted events during happy hour at which local breweries poured their beers for the crowd. Participating breweries included Reuben’s Brews, Maritime Pacific Brewing, Stoup Brewing, and Lucky Envelope Brewing. Last year, Reuben’s Brews earned top honors, but this year it was Lucky Envelope Brewing that won the Best of Ballard title.
Ray’s Cafe invites you to join them on Thursday, March 9th at 6:30 for a specially paired Brewer’s Dinner with Lucky Envelope Brewing. Four courses plus beers for $60 per person (excluding tax and gratuity). Reservations are required. Email dmarchi @ rays.com or call 206.782.0094 to reserve.
Menu & Beer Pairings
- Kennebec Potato Chips w/Gruyere & Ikura
- Rye IPA
- Baked Pacific Oysters – Chorizo béchamel, pickled onion
- Helles Lager
- Oregon Albacore Crudo – Sesame, avocado, lime, micro cilantro
- Citra Session
- Espresso Braised Beef Short Ribs – Smashed “sea salt” potatoes, crispy kale & onion
- Eniac Mosaic IPA
- Stout Cake – Malted cake, Bailey’s frosting, caramel
- Beardless Brewer Red
Cheers to our sponsors, like…