I remember visiting Reuben’s Brews for the very first time. It was the brewery’s opening weekend, which seems so long ago. The brewery/taproom was tiny, furnished with tables and seating designed to fold up and make room for the brewing equipment. One small space housing both production and retail. I also remember thinking, “A stylized version of the letter R is a good place for a Seattle brewery to start.”
A lot has changed for Reuben’s Brews in the past 7 years, which expanded its footprint to include at least three different locations in the neighborhood. The one constant through the years, great beer. The company celebrates the anniversary at its three locations in Ballard on Saturday, September 7th.
Festivities will feature brand-new beers as well as some classic Reuben’s Brews beers on tap. Add to that tasty food, live music, giveaways, and more. New beer release: cans of “Then and Now 7th Anniversary IPA” will available at The Taproom (the main taproom on 14th) starting at 11:00 AM, featuring a unique label that will reveal the new Reuben’s Brews’ design refresh.
Here’s what the brewery has planned:
- A special can release of “Then and Now” IPA.
- Re-releasing the five original beers. The original five beers they had on tap on that very first day in 2012.
- A pop-up event at its pilot brewery and original taproom (1406 NW 53rd St.), which has been closed to the public since 2015. Featuring a throwback vibe to when the doors first opened back in 2012, this location will have the five beers it opened with on tap: American Brown, American Rye, Robust Porter, Nitro Dry Stout and Roggenbier. Visitors can also try this year’s anniversary brew on draft.
- Giving away commemorative glassware to the first 100 people to show up at the Taproom. That’s the main taproom on 14th Ave. NW.
- At noon, they’ll open the doors to the other two locations: the original Pilot Brewery (near 14th and 53rd), where they’ll have a Take-the-Pint special and the Brewtap (8th Ave NW and NW 46th Street) where they’ll offer a special commemorative prize.
- At the Taproom, they’ll have custom screen printing, live music in the afternoon, food trucks on-site, and fun all around.
Taproom: The first 100 visitors will receive a free commemorative glass.
Brewtap: Free limited edition commemorative poster.
Pilot Brewery: “Take your pint” giveaway. Buy a pint and take the glass home for free!
What: Reuben’s Brews 7th Anniversary Party
When: Saturday, September 7th
Locations and Times:
The Taproom; 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
The BrewTap; noon – 10 p.m.
The Original Location; noon – 6 p.m.