Check out the updated list – UPDATED Beer List as of Thursday, July 14th
Session Festival kicks off tomorrow (Thursday, July 14) at Naked City Brewery and Taphouse in Greenwood. The ten day event features beers that weigh in at 5.0% ABV and below. Don’t expect to find Imperial Stouts or Barleywines at Session Festival. Instead, you’ll discover that craft beer need not be boozy to be beautiful. Less gravity does not necessarily mean less flavor.
The fun gets started tomorrow (Thursday, July 14th) at 6:00 p.m. with a brewers night celebration. A number of brewers will be on hand to answer questions about their lightweight creation. Thereafter, expect to find an outstanding selection of beers intended to be quaffed copiously. Don’t be afraid. Have two. Or three.
Last week we told you about Session Festival and talked about the nature of session beers and their place in history (read it). Today, we just want to give you more facts about the actual event. For ten days Naked City Brewery and Taphouse will feature beers that weigh in at less than 5.00% ABV. As a matter of fact, some of them weigh in at quite a bit less than 5.0%. The lightest beer of the group weighs in at 2.99% ABV (Silver City Brewing’s Baby Fat 60 Schilling Scottish-style Ale).
Session Festival is produced by our friends over at Northwest Beer Guide. Here is more information, directly from them.
I am happy to announce further updates to the upcoming Session Festival, starting on July 14th @ 6PM. As of today Naked City is happy to announce that by the Sunday July 24th over 40 different beers will have been provided to thirsty enthusiasts. With WA leading the pack with 26 breweries participating, this year’s festival is shaping up nicely. Starting on July 14th at 6:00 PM, look for breweries Big Time, Elysian, Epic Ales, Foggy Noggin, Maritime Pacific, Odin, Silver City Sound, Two Beers, and Wingman; to be in attendance to answer questions about their beers featured the first night.
For the benefit of your readers we have attached the updated list and will send out the complete list shortly. As with any festival, this is not a static list and is subject to change and availability.
Session Beers at 5.00% Alcohol by Volume
- Cascade Summer Gose German-style Gose
- Chuckanut German-style Alt Bier
- Roslyn Brookside German-style Lager
- Big Al Summer Lager German-style Helles
- Hale’s German-style Kolsch
- Dogfish Head Namaste Belgian-style Wit
- Anacortes American-style Pale Ale
- Sound Dunkelweizen
Session Beers between 4.50% and 4.99% Alcohol by Volume
- 4.80% Wingman American-style Pale Ale
- 4.80% Anacortes Helles Festival-style Lager
- 4.80% Firestone Walker Pale 31 American-style Pale Ale
- 4.80% Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Bavarian-style Hefeweizen
- 4.70% Silver City Gee Whiz Black Koslch-style Ale
- 4.50% Slip Point Chito Cream Ale
- 4.50% Fremont Wandering Wheat American-style Wheat Ale
Session Beers between 4.00% and 4.49% Alcohol by Volume
- 4.40% Stone Levitation
- 4.40% Boulevard ZON
- 4.30% Widmer Brothers Citra Blonde American-style Blonde Ale
- 4.20% Universale American-style Pale Ale
Session Beers between 2.00% and 3.99% Alcohol by Volume
- 3.40% Foggy Noggin Bit O Beaver English-style Bitter Ale
- 3.00% Elysian Slight Return
- 2.99% Silver City Baby Fat 60 Schilling Scottish-style Ale
Naked City Brewery & Taphouse
8564 Greenwood Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98103
Festival Hours (Daily)
Open Monday thru Thursday 4:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Open Friday 4:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Open Saturday noon to 1:00 a.m.
Sunday noon to 11 p.m.
Calendar of Events
Session Fest Thursday July 14th, 2011 thru Sunday July 24th, 2011
There is no admission cost and beer pricing will be based on whether a schooner or pint is consumed. 40+ beers featured through the week with only 12 made available any given time. Look for this year to feature ciders as well.
Session Fest Brewers Night July 14th, 2011 Approx. 6 PM
Look for featured the following breweries & brewery rep. to be on hand to discuss their beer featured the first night of the event.
- Zac Halls from Sound Brewing and featuring their Kristallweizen
- Drew Cluley from Big Time Brewing and featuring his Dry-hopped Pale Ale
- Dick Cantwell from Elysian Brewing and featuring his Slight Return 3%’er
- Geoff Sampson & Corey Blodgett from Maritime Pacific Brewing and featuring his Oatmeal Pale Ale. *Potenially George Hancock as well.
- Cody Morris from Epic Ales and featuring his Partly Cloudy “Seattle Summer Beer”
- Ken Thoburn from Wingman Brewing and featuring their Session Pale Ale
- Dan Lee from Odin Brewing and featuring their Odin Pearl Belgian-style Wit
- Kurt Larson from Silver City Brewing and featuring their Baby Fat 60 Schilling Scotch-ale
- Mark from Two Beers and featuring their Trailhead India Sessional Ale
- Jim Jamieson from Foggy Noggin and featuring his Bit O’ Beaver English-style Bitter Ale
For those counting that makes 10 breweries that have confirmed they will be on hand to answer any questions you might have related to the beers, the brewery, or the industry.
With a huge send off (Thursday July 14th) we invite you to choose from 12 different beers all 5.00% Alcohol by Volume or below. Plus as each brewery contributed beer is depleted another local, Washington beer takes its place. In all this week long event will feature over 26 different Washington breweries. And who knows we might even sneak in a few kegs from across the Oregon / Idaho border.
From the event organizers:
As of today July 14th we have 48 (forty-eight) potential brewery ales and lagers between 2.00% ABV and 5.00%. Additionally we have 3 (three) pending Ciders. All told we have 26 potential WA breweries, 3 OR, and 6 from out of the Northwest. This list is subject to change as the Taproom may add / subtract beers to the list. Please note this is as current as we have regarding brewery commitments but we might add more breweries.
– Current Anticipated Draft List –
Session Beers at 5.00% Alcohol by Volume
Naked CIty Ewigelibe Hefeweizen
Cascade Summer Gose German-style Gose
Maritime Oatmeal Pale
Golden Hills Clem’s Gold
Sound Belgian-style Pale Ale
NW Peaks Bitter
Big Time Primetime Pale
Odin Belgian w/ mace & cardamom
American Brewing Pilsner
Silver City Ziggy Zoggy Lager
Chuckanut Alt Bier German-style Alt
Big Al Summer Lager
Hale’s German-style Kolsch
Dogfish Head Namaste
Anacortes Pale Ale
Session Beers between 4.50% and 4.99% ABV
4.90% Hale’s American-style Cream Ale
4.80% Wingman American-style Pale Ale
4.80% Anacortes Helles Festival-style Lager
4.80% Firestone Walker Pale 31 American-style Pale Ale
4.80% Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Bavarian-style Hefeweizen
4.80% Two Beers Trailhead India Session Ale
4.80% Emerald City Whiskey Lager
4.80% Emerald City Dottie Lager
4.70% Two Beers Panorama Wheat
4.70% Chuckanut American-style Blonde Ale
4.70% Silver City Gee Whiz Black Kolsch-style Ale
4.50% Slip Point Chito Cream Ale
4.50% Fremont Wandering Wheat American-style Wheat Ale
4.50% Roslyn Brookside Lager German-style Lager
4.50% Hale’s German-style Kolsch
4.80% Anacortes American-style Cream Ale
Session Beers between 4.00% and 4.49% ABV
4.40% Boulevard ZON Belgian-style Wit
4.40% Stone Levitation
4.30% Skagit River Steely Brown
4.30% Widmer Brothers Citra American-style Blonde Ale
4.20% Universale American-style Pale Ale
4.00% Beer Valley Gone Fishin’ German-style Mild
4.00% Roslyn Dark Lager
4.00% Golden Hills Emez ( new release)
4.00% Odin Freya’s Gold German-style Kolsch
Session Beers 3.99% and below
3.60% Partly Cloudy Seattle Summer Beer
3.50% Skagit River Del Rio Lager
3.40% Foggy Noggin Bit O Beaver English-style Brown Ale
3.00% Elysian Slight Return
2.90% Silver City Baby Fat 60 Schilling Scottish-style Ale
And this wouldn’t be a collaboration if there wasn’t some fresh ideas to the table courtesy of April Savage. Look for ciders from Ace, Spire, and Fox to be featured at this event.
Session Ciders between 4.00% and 5.00% Alcohol by Volume
5.00% Ace Pear
5.00% Spire Dark N Dry
5.00% Fox Barrel Blackberry Pear CIder