Next Tuesday, January 23rd the Redhook Brewlab in Seattle is hosting a beer and seafood pairing event, starting at 3:00 PM. Taylor Shellfish will be on hand to teach you how to shuck and slurp oysters. They’ve also devised a special seafood menu. Brewer Nick Crandall has come up with six special beer to pair with the menu items created by Chef Brian Miyamoto.
Here’s all the info straight from the source.
REDHOOK AND TAYLOR SHELLFISH TEAM UP FOR BEER AND OYSTER NIGHT AT BREWLAB
Shuck, slurp and imbibe: Event will include an oyster shucking station, special seasonal seafood menu & “Shellfish Beer Taster Tray” featuring six new Redhook small batch beers
Redhook Brewlab will welcome renowned Taylor Shellfish to its Capitol Hill brewpub on January 23 for a night of seafood and beer, featuring a special celebration of oysters.
During the event, Redhook will offer a special food menu highlighting the seasonal catch of Taylor Shellfish. The legendary seafood company, founded in 1890, will have a fun oyster shucking station at Brewlab from 5pm to 8pm where guests can learn how to shuck and slurp oysters, while enjoying samples of Redhook’s latest innovation beers.
Redhook Lead Brewer Nick Crandall has been brewing the perfect beers to accompany Brewlab Chef Brian Miyamoto’s special seafood menu – including a clam pie! – which highlights both Taylor Shellfish as well as Crandall’s inventive brews. In addition to the suggested beer pairing menu, Redhook will create a “Shellfish Taster Tray” for the night featuring six beers:
- Pharaoh’s Dance Pale Ale (5.6 percent ABV, 30 IBU) – A jazzy Belgian pale inspired by an album that always makes Nick think, Bitches Brew, Pharaoh’s Dance has a lively feel to it with several highlights and flavors going on while still playing in the same key.
- Short Rye’d to Hell (4.7 ABV, 30 IBU)- A hefty addition of flaked rye and some beautiful Hallertau Tradition shine in this twist on the classic helles.
- Kolscharina (4.8 ABV, 28 IBU)– Mandarina Bavaria is a subtle hop that is used delicately in this Kölsch inspired, easy drinking beer. Simple malt bill and a delicate hand on the hopping provide a well-balanced super clean beer, Prost!
- The Lemon Gose (4.0 ABV, 10 IBU) – Deliciously tart and refreshing lemon gose with a smooth pilsner backbones and citrus finish.
- Across the Ditch IPA (6.8 ABV, 60 IBU) – Marrying the hops from across the ditch, Galaxy (AUS) and Wakatu (NZ) highlight this hazy fruit bomb. Pilsner, wheat and flaked oats provide a pillowy backdrop for melon and citrus hop aromas.
- Room Full of Mirrors (5.1 ABV, 35 IBU) – Look out to look in, this pilsner puts a new light on German hops by applying some American style dry hopping methods creating some unexpected flavors out of Germany’s new wave of lager hops.
Food specials for the night and suggested beer pairings include:
- Clam Pie – clams, white sauce, potato & herbs, $15 | pairing suggestion: Pharaoh’s Dance Pale Ale
- Smoked Mussel Hoagie Sandwich – pickled onion, old bay mayo, dill, $11 | pairing suggestion: Short Rye’d to Hell
- Clams and Chorizo – Redhook Kolscharina, oregano, lemon, $15 | pairing suggestion: Kolscharina
- Baked Oysters (3/each) – melted leeks, mama lils, parmesan, $14 | pairing suggestion: The Lemon Gose
- Oysters on Half Shelf (6/order) – mignonette, cucumber granite, cocktail sauce, $16 | pairing suggestion: Across the Ditch IPA
- Geoduck Crudo – ginger scallion sauce, lime, soy, hot oil, $25 (limited orders) | pairing suggestion: Room Full of Mirrors
Taylor Shellfish will also have an array of swag to give away, and of course you can always get Redhook beers to-go from the crowler station.
Date: January 23, 2017
What: Taylor Shellfish night at Brewlab with special seafood menu
Time: 3pm to 10pm
Oyster shucking: 5pm to 8pm
This event is free. The learn-to-shuck oysters station is also free and available first-come-first served until 8pm or we run out of oysters!
714 E Pike St
Seattle, WA 98122