The 10th Strange Brewfest happens this weekend (Friday, January 24 and Saturday, January 25) in Port Townsend. Tickets are available online via the Strange Brewfest website. This event encourages creativity. And that’s a vast understatement. Expect the unexpected, embrace the unusual. See our previous post for more information about Strange Brewfest. Below we have a list of the participating breweries and also more event details.
While you are in Port Townsend, be sure to stop by The Pourhouse (blog sponsor). While Strange Brewfest focuses on the more bizarre side of beer, The Pourhouse intends to provide a selection of less strange beers from many of the breweries participating in the festival.
List of Breweries:
- 101 Brewery – website
- 192 Brewing Co. – website
- 7 Seas Brewing – website
- Alpenfire Cider – website
- Amnesia Brewing – website
- Anacortes Brewery – website
- Bainbridge Island Brewing Co. – website
- Big Al Brewing – website
- Big Time Brewery – website
- Bill’s Tavern & Brewhouse
- Boundary Bay Brewing – website
- Brickyard Brewing – website
- Der Blokken Brewery – website
- Dungeness Brewing Co. – website
- Elysian Brewing Co. – website
- Finnriver Farm & Cidery – website
- Flyers Restaurant and Brewery – website
- Fremont Brewing Co. – website
- Georgetown Brewing Co. – website
- Hale’s Brewery – website
- Laht Neppur Brewing – website
- Middleton Brewing – website
- Ninkasi Brewing Co. – website
- NW Peaks Brewery – website
- Outlander Brewery – website
- Pike Brewing Co. – website
- Port Townsend Brewing Co. – website
- Propolis Brewing – website
- Rainy Daze Brewing Co. – website
- Ram Brewing – website
- Silver City Brewery – website
- Slaughter County Brewing Co. – facebook
- Slippery Pig Brewery – website
- Sound Brewery – website
- Stoup Brewing – website
- Triplehorn Brewing – website
- Westport Brewing Co. – website
- Wingman Brewers, Inc. – website
More event details:
What a long STRANGE trip it’s been…
10th Annual Strange Brewfest January 24-25, 2014
Purchase Tickets Online NOW!
Disclaimer Alert! – This year’s Strange Brewfest is not a tribute to an iconic 60’s jam band. And there certainly won’t be any Dead cover bands performing for your inner flower child to spin, hula hoop, or fire dance to. But that doesn’t mean hippies are discouraged.
In fact, our tendencies lean towards the hippy disposition. It’s all but a forgone conclusion that we will hug a Sugar Magnolia sometime between now and January 24th.
So, why the inconsistent logo? First we say ‘NO’ to dead cover bands. Then we say ‘YES’, we’ve got a hippy vibe.
Well fellow Strange Brewvians, after 10 year’s of partying down with y’all, we opted for a logo and a theme that best represents our head space leading up to a decade of celebration….GRATEFUL!
For being the Casey Jones to our Train, we offer our sincerest GRATITUDE to the brewers and breweries; to the musicians and entertainers; to countless volunteers and supporters; and most importantly to our patrons! THANK YOU!
With that said, for those of you who’ve been to Stange Brewfest before, you know that this is a celebration of uniquely crafted brews from 30+ breweries and cideries from around our region. Most of the offerings from our friends will only be available at this festival. And most of those will challenge your taste buds, and their sensibilities. Also, if you’ve been to Strange Brewfest in year’s past, you know that this celebration is always accompanied by a heavy dose of FUNK. We’re talking, a HEAVY DOSE! This year, the music will blow your mind! You will shake it down on Shakedown Street!
Strange Brewfest details:
Where: American Legion Hall, Port Townsend
When: Friday, January 24th, 5pm-Midnight, Saturday, January 25th, 1pm-Midnight
What: Wildly entertaining Brew Festival with amazing music and entertainment
How: $30 gets you a souvenir tasting glass, 4 tasting tokens, and a wristband to get you in for both days. Additional tasting tokens $1.50
Vitals: This is a 21 and over event. No dogs, sorry!