The first time I attended the Great Pumpkin Beer Festival it was a diminutive affair, a simple tasting event at the Elysian Brewing brewpub on Capitol Hill. That was at least ten years ago. Seems like a different world. A lot has changed since then, but the GPBF lives on as a completely transformed event.
There’s still a lot of beer, but the GPBF is now much larger and includes a lot more than just pumpkin beer. Among the many changes, the event is now a benefit for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and takes place at Seattle Center. Last year the GPBF raised $125,000 for Fred Hutch. That’s a good thing.
This year’s Great Pumpkin Beer Festival takes place on October 5th and 6th. Tickets are now on sale. More event details can be found below.
What: Tickets are now on sale for Fred Hutch Presents the 14th Annual Great Pumpkin Beer Festival (GPBF), taking place October 5 and 6 at Seattle Center. During the two-day pumpkin-packed event, more than 80 pumpkin beers will be poured, including classics from Elysian Brewing like Night Owl, The Great Pumpkin, Punkuccino and the newly bottled Dark Knife Pumpkin Schwarzbier along with other delicious surprises from participating breweries.
For the second year, 100% of GPBF proceeds will benefit the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Fred Hutch performs cancer and disease research and their work is at the center of revolutionary discoveries and better lives. Elysian is thrilled to support the organization in its efforts to bring Seattle the best brews, local food trucks, live music and fun festivities at GPBF.
A sea of orange is sure to flood Seattle Center, as guests are encouraged to embrace the orange festival theme and interpret it however they’d like. Pumpkin Fest judges will wade through the crowds to select and award the most festive guests.
The event arrives one week after the 6th Annual Great Pumpkin Weigh-Off on Sept. 29 at the Elysian Airport Way Brewery in Georgetown. Free and open to all ages, the weigh-off will feature the biggest and best pumpkins grown from local farmers. The winning pumpkin will receive the honor of being filled with pumpkin beer and tapped at GPBF.
Must be 21+ to purchase tickets. Tickets are available for purchase online at:
- $28 (+ fees) a day
- $50 for two-day pass – online only with limited availability
- $5 for designated driver – Drink tickets and glassware are not included; water and non-alcoholic beverages are available for free.
- Ticket price for standard tickets includes a Great Pumpkin Beer Festival snifter glass and six drink tickets. Additional drink tickets will be sold at the festival for $2 each.
Friday, October 5 and Saturday, October 6 from 4 – 10 p.m.
305 Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98109
Festival Fun Facts:
Take a look at Great Pumpkin Beer Festival by the numbers:
- 1,790 lbs: weight of last year’s giant pumpkin keg
- 6,000: number of pumpkin-crazed attendees at last year’s sold-out festival
- 80+: number of beers being poured
- 100%: amount of proceeds being donated to Fred Hutch
- $125,000: amount raised by last year’s Great Pumpkin Beer Festival (and aiming for higher this year!)