Okay all you pumpkin junkies, The Beer Junction‘s (blog sponsor) annual celebration gets started tomorrow (Sat. Oct. 12). Here is everything you need to know straight from The Beer Junction:
Tomorrow (Saturday October 12th) we kick off our favorite and biggest event of the year-it’s the second annual Pumpkin Junction!
Our inaugural Pumpkin Junction last year was a lot of fun, but we’ve made sure this year will be bigger and better. From Saturday October 12th to Sunday October 20th, we’ll be devoting 15+ taps to some of the best and most unique pumpkin beers and ciders around. With over 40 pumpkin beers/ciders on deck there’s something for everyone.
And if you’re not in the mood for a pumpkin beverage– not to worry– we’ll have 20 other taps of regular beers and ciders going all week. Fresh hop beers are in abundance right now so we’ll also be putting on tap several fresh hop IPAs and pale ales over the next week!
Pumpkin Junction: New this year!
– Randall combos using toasted pumpkin seeds, smoked pumpkin flesh, cocoa nibs, and other fun ingredients. Different combos will be going on tap throughout the week.
– A custom beer blend we did with Elliott Bay Brewing- aptly named “Pumpkin Junction 2013”! It’s a blend of 50% of Elliott Bay’s Smashing Pumpkin, 35% of their Bourbon Aged Imperial Stout and 15% of their Bourbon Aged Barleywine. This is a big, bold, delicious beer with a great balance of pumpkin spice, bourbon, and dark fruit that clocks in at 9.0% ABV.
– Pumpkin Junction glassware. Available to take home in either a 10oz goblet for $5.99 or 16oz pint glass for $4.99
– New shirt design! We had some extra fun with the design this year. Available in sizes Small through 3XL for $16.99. We also have some of last year’s shirts available for $16.99. Purchase both this year and last year’s for just $30!
– Pumpkin beer on cask! We installed our beer engine for serving cask conditioned beer earlier this year but we’ve never had a pumpkin beer on. For Pumpkin Junction, Seattle’s Pike Brewery did a cask of their Harlot’s Harvest Pumpkin Ale and we’ll have it on tap on opening day (Saturday October 12th) along with a regular version of the Harlot’s Harvest. Try them side by side and taste the difference!
– Pumpkin Mead! Seattle’s new BeeHaven Meadery will be the first pumpkin mead we’ve ever put on tap!
– More seating and table space! We’ve added more room to enjoy your drinks in house since last year.
What we’re bringing back from last year!
*Pumpkin Beer Shakes!
Great for dessert- a beer shake with Husky Deli ice cream!
We’ll be bringing back the very popular Pumpkin Beer Milkshakes featuring West Seattle’s Husky Deli Ice Cream. Try one of our pre-tested recipes or create your own master creation. Ice cream flavors available will be pumpkin, vanilla, and chocolate.
*Sampler trays available!
Don’t know what to order? Custom build your own pumpkin beer/cider sampler tray to try several side by side!
*Vote, Vote Vote!
With each pumpkin beer/cider order you get to cast a vote for your favorite pumpkin beer/ cider. We’ll announce the top 3 vote getters on Sunday October 20th.
All week long we’ll be showing the classics including Dawn of the Dead, Halloween, Friday the 13th and more!
Pumpkin Junction Event Calendar (Oct 12th- 20th)
*Saturday October 12th – Pumpkin Kick Off & College Football
The below 16 pumpkin beers & ciders go on tap at 11AM! For college football we’ll have the Washington v. Oregon game on starting at 1PM and the WSU v. OSU game starting at 7:30PM.
1. Fort George Rumkin (Rum Barrel Aged)
2. Elysian Mr. Yuck Pumpkin Sour
3. Elliott Bay/ Beer Junction Pumpkin Blend (comprised of 3 Elliott Bay Beers- 50% Smashing Pumpkin, 35% Bourbon Aged Imperial Stout, 15% Bourbon Aged Barleywine).
4. Southern Tier Pumking Imperial Pumpkin Ale
5. Ace Pumpkin Cider
6. Doc’s Pumpkin Cider
7. BeeHaven Pumpkin Mead
8. Southampton Pumpkin Ale
9. Timmerman’s Pumpkin Lambic
10. The Bruery Autumn Maple
11. Pike Harlot’s Harvest
12. Pike Harlot’s Harvest (on CASK!)
13. Epic Brewing Pumpkin Porter
14. Alaskan Smoked Pumpkin Porter
15. Howe Sound Pumpkineater Imperial Pumpkin Ale
16. Anacortes Pumpkin Hefeweizen
Pumpkin Beers/ Ciders in Waiting (to go on throughout the week as spots open up)
-Elysian Dark O’ The Moon
-Elysian Night Owl
-Elysian The Great Pumpkin
-Elysian Punkaccino Pumpkin Latte Porter
-Elysian Gherkin Cucumber Dill
-Elysian Calatrava Habenero Epazote Vanilla
-Dogfish Head Punkin
-Woodchuck Pumpkin Cider
-Midnight Sun T.R.E.A.T. Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porter
-Oakshire Big Black Jack Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porter
-Laurelwood Stingy Jack
-Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale
-Puyallup River Gourdy Wow! Imperial Pumpkin Saison
-Puyallup River Jack O’Lahar
-Rogue Pumpkin Patch
-Justice Belgo Pumpkin
-Reuben’s Pumpkin Rye
-Redhook Pumpkin Porter
-Bainbridge Sol Patch
-Bainbridge Whiskey Jack
-Beer Valley Jackalope Pumpkin Porter
-Samuel Adams Fat Jack Imperial Pumpkin Ale
-Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin
-Two Beers Pumpkin Spice
-Naked City Boo Radley
-Jolly Pumpkin Pumpkin Sour
-7 Seas Pumpkin Porter
*Sunday October 13th- Seahawks Game
Seahawks game on with sound starting at 1PM!
*Monday October 14th through Wednesday October 16th- Pumpkin Growler special
Growlers of all pumpkin beers and ciders are $3 off all day Monday the 14th to Wednesday the 16th.
*Thursday October 17th (5-8PM)- Pumpkin Tasting Event
We always have a tasting event on Thursday nights and this week is no different. Join us from 5-8PM as wild man Devon Simonsen showcases five of our favorite pumpkin beers/ ciders. Try five 3oz pours for just $4!
*Saturday October 19th-Bring your costumes and evening raffle
-(All Day) Wear your Halloween costume to receive $1 off pumpkin beers/ sampler trays or $2 off pumpkin growlers!
-(3PM) College Football: Washington v. ASU game on.
-(7-8PM) Pumpkin Junction Raffle! On the 2nd to the last day (Saturday October 19th) from 7-8PM we’ll be raffling off great prizes including Pumpkin Junction shirts, glasses, and Beer Junction gift cards!
*Sunday October 20th-Winners announced!
You’ve voted all week-now find out who the winners are! Results will be announced for the top 3 vote getters at 6PM. Seahawks game on with sound starting at 5:25PM.
Bottle List of Pumpkin Beers & Ciders
We also have a huge selection of 35+ pumpkin beers and ciders in bottles ready to take home. Below is the full list. Purchase a full case of the same item and receive 10% off!
- 21st Amendment/ Elysian He Said Pumpkin Baltic Porter
- 21st Amendment/ Elysian He Said Pumpkin Belgian-style Tripel
- Ace Pumpkin Cider
- Alaskan Smoked Pumpkin Porter
- Anderson Valley Fal Hornin Pumpkin Ale
- Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin
- Buffalo Bills Original Pumpkin Ale
- Doc’s Pumpkin Cider
- Dogfish Head Punkin
- Elysian Dark O’ The Moon Pumpkin Stout
- Elysian Night Owl
- Elysian Pumpkin Patch Box Set (contains the pack exclusive Hansel & Gretel Ginger Pumpkin Pilsner as well as Night Owl, Dark O’ The Moon, and The Great Pumpkin)
- Elysian The Great Pumpkin
- Epic Brewing Imperial Pumpkin Porter
- Howe Sound Pumpkineater Imperial Pumpkin Ale
- Justice Brewing Belgo Pumpkin (Belgian-style)
- Laurelwood Stingy Jack
- McAuslan Pumpkin Ale
- Midnight Sun T.R.E.A.T. Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porter
- Oakshire Big Black Jack Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porter
- Pike Harlot’s Harvest Belgian-style Dark Pumpkin Ale
- Rogue Pumpkin Patch
- Samuel Adams Fat Jack Imperial Pumpkin Ale
- Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin
- Seattle Cider Pumpkin Spice
- Shipyard Pumpkinhead
- Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale
- Southampton Pumpkin Ale
- Southern Tier Pumpkin
- The Bruery Autumn Maple (Belgian-style done with yams instead of pumpkins)
- Tieton Smoked Pumpkin Cider
- Timmerman’s Pumpkin Lambic
- Two Beers Brewing Pumpkin Spice
- Uinta Jacked Oak Aged Imperial Pumpkin Ale
- Uinta Punk’N
- Woodchuck Pumpkin Cider