The Washington Beer Cruiser is pointing it’s dirty white nose towards Walla Walla this weekend for Mrs. Beer Blog’s birthday. Her request is wine tasting and relaxation. Mr. Beer Blog has never gone wine tasting in Washington State, a serious oversight. Mrs. Beer Blog has been to the Prosser area many times, but has never made it all the way to Walla Walla for that specific purpose.
While we’re feeling lucky that the weather forecast is calling for temps in the mid 80s, instead of the 100+ degree temps typical of that region, we are still anticipating the need to locate some good beers (and good vittles) to cool down our tannin-laden palettes. Our friend Paul “Fruit Trees” of the Pickled Liver happens to be from Walla Walla and gave us some advice. We’re working out the wineries, but as for breweries here’s our list of ideas for the trip:
- Snipes Mountain in Sunnyside
- Whitstran in Prosser (which we just discovered opened a new brewpub in late June. We missed the announcement and hence didn’t blog about it.)
- Yakima Craft Brewing tasting room
- Walla Walla Brewers for a tasting
- Ice Harbor Brewing in Kennewick
Any other breweries we should hit between Yakima and Walla Walla?