First, an observation. Over the past several months, there have been a lot of stories in the news about breweries consolidating, reorganizing, closing, selling, and so forth. Believe me, there have been even more stories that have gone unreported. Rumors abound and I have been involved in many off-the-record conversations with local brewery owners. There is a lot of shuffling happening in the industry right now. Yes, that is true, but it doesn’t mean the sky is falling. This story may or may not have anything to do with that larger story.
When we talk about the enormous growth that the craft beer industry has enjoyed over the past decade, we frequently talk about a beer bubble. The term bubble suggest that something is about to burst. I don’t think we are witnessing a bubble like you might see in the real estate market, but it is fair to suggest that we are entering a period of restructuring, consolidation, and reorganization. In and of itself, I don’t think that is a bad thing. In many ways, I think it’s healthy for the industry to get its legs underneath it and gain some stability. But that’s just my opinion and it’s a topic for another day.
Now on to the story at hand. Today, we share news that Mill Creek Brewpub in downtown Walla Walla, Washington is for sale. The following information comes directly from this website, so it is public information, which is why I share it here: http://millcreekbrewpub.ingeniux.com/.
The Mill Creek Brewpub is for Sale!
This Walla Walla pub has been a local favorite for the past 20 years. Key features include:
- Turn-key operation with over $1,000,000 in gross sales
- Located in the heart of downtown Walla Walla just a block away from Whitman College campus
- A seven barrel, 1600 square ft brewhouse with four fourteen barrel serving tanks
- The best patio in town which is equipt with a custom river rock fireplace as the focal point
- 4500 square ft dining room with private booths
- A beautiful 32 ft concrete bar
- Free standing features, building and equipment
- Full liquor license
- 7 Interior flat screen TVs make the bar area ideal for sporting events
- The oldest brewery in Walla Walla, WA
You can get more information on the website, where they also have a contact form for interested parties. The phone number listed is 509-520-6455.
Cheers to all of our great sponsors, like…