CONTEST NOW CLOSED. WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED
A great brewery lineup for this fresh hop beer festival
Seattle Fresh Hop Beer Festival takes place on Saturday, October 12th in Georgetown. We are giving away a pair of tickets to the event. All you need to do is leave a comment here or on our Facebook page and you’ll be entered in the drawing. (Leave a comment here and then find the post about the giveaway on Facebook and leave a comment there too, if you like.) We will pick a winner at random on Tuesday, October 8th.
- When: Seattle Fresh Hop Beer Festival takes place on Saturday, October 12th. There are two sessions. The afternoon session runs from noon until 4:00, the evening session runs from 5:30 until 9:30.
- Where: The Georgetown Stables (980 S Nebraska Street, Seattle, WA 98108). Note that children and pets are not allowed at the event.
- Entertainment: Beyond beer, there will be games to play and music from DJ Indica Jones.
- Get more info at https://freshhopseattle.com/
- Get your tickets at https://www.strangertickets.com/events/98589014/seattle-fresh-hop
To really wrap your mind around the seasonal goodness that is fresh hop beer, you need to taste several fresh hop brews side-by-side. That enables you to better appreciate the nuances and character of the beers. That’s what Seattle Fresh Hop allows you to do: sample fresh hop beers from several great breweries and experience each brewery’s unique take on this special kind of beer.
Since virtually all of America’s hop crop comes from the Pacific Northwest (an insignificantly small amount comes from elsewhere), brewers around here enjoy a certain advantage when it comes to brewing with just-harvested hops. Though there’s no official definition, it is generally agreed that to call a beer “fresh hop” the brewer must utilize the hops within the first 24 hours after harvest. Basically, before they are kiln-dried and processed for long-term storage, so living near the hop farms helps. Breweries in other parts of the country rely on overnight shipping, which is not cheap.
Beyond celebrating the beer, Seattle Fresh Hop Beer Festival is a celebration of the season. The annual hop harvest is sacred to beer lovers, so enjoying beers that can only exist during the harvest season is something of a ritual.
Here’s the list of breweries scheduled to pour at the event.
Bouy Beer Co
Diamond Knot Brewing
Finn River Farm and Cidery
Fort George Brewing
Hop Capital Brewing
pFriem Family Brewers
Seattle Cider Co
Sun River Brewing
Two Beers Brewing