We are giving away a pair of tickets to this event – Ivar’s NW Winter Beer Tasting on Thursday, Dec. 6th. To enter the drawing, go to our Facebook page and leave a comment about this event, or simply leave a comment below. On Monday, December 3rd we will pick a winner at random from all those who leave comments.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been stepping up to the window at Ivar’s on the Seattle waterfront to order clam chowder. I’m sure that many other people who grew up around Seattle can say the same thing. It was years before I realized there was a restaurant beyond the sidewalk café – Ivar’s Acres of Clams. It took me even longer to realize that the restaurant’s bar served good beer.
Ivar Haglund and the restaurants bearing his name are icons around Seattle. Ivar began serving Seattleites traditional Northwest seafood in 1938. There are other Ivar’s restaurants around town, but “Acres” is the original. In keeping with the spirit of the Northwest, the restaurant also takes pride in its tap list.
On Thursday, December 6, Ivar’s Acres of Clams hosts its annual winter beer event – Ivar’s Northwest Winter Beer Tasting. Details below. Not only does this event showcase some great beers, it also pairs the beers with some delicious food. The Executive Chef, Chris Garr, has devised some special pairings for the event, which will be served buffet-style. We list some of the food items below. In all, ten different northwest breweries will be represented: Diamond Knot Brewing, Georgetown Brewing, Maritime Pacific Brewing, Fremont Brewing, Ninakasi Brewing, and more.
Ivar’s Northwest Winter Beer Tasting
Thursday, December 6
6:00 – 8:30
Ivar’s Acres of Clams
$35 gets you beer and food
For tickets and more info visit http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/290131
Alaskan, Georgetown, Diamond Knot, Elysian, Fremont, Maritime, Ninkasi, Pike, Pyramid, Red Hook
* House smoked bacon wrapped prawn skewers with porter syrup
* Green peppercorn marinated beef skewers with red wine shallot suace
* Tandoori chicken satay, cilantro creme fraiche
* Uli’s French onion sausage slider, winter beer braised sweet onions, horseradish stoneground mustard aioli, and Essential Baking Co baguette crostini
* Gorgonzola risotto fritter, tomato basil garlic sauce
* Cucina Fresca tortellini, Greek olive oil, proscuitto di Parma, basil
* Fried polenta cake, seared rare top sirloin, piquello pepper coulis