The Ram Celebrates the Life and Brews of Jim Quilter
The Ram Restaurant and Brewery is celebrating the life and brews of James “Jim” Patrick Quilter Wednesday, August 26th (Jim’s Birthday) at the University Village Ram. The release party will begin at 3pm with the ceremonial tapping of the first keg of ZZ HOP, feature a special cask conditioned version and feature many other beers designed and inspired by Jim.
All sales of ZZ Hop sold during the party –as well as revenue generated from t-shirts and other ZZ Hop merchandise– will be donated to Jim’s family. Additionally, ZZ Hop will be pouring at all the RAM’s other Northwest locations and $.25 per pint sold will be donated to the family.
For the ZZ Hop Release Party at the U. Village Ram, the beer lineup will include:
- ZZ HOP – A Single Hop Pale Ale brewed exclusively with Cascade (Jim’s Favorite)
- ZZ HOPS – Bigger, Stronger, Hoppier brewed with the 3 C’s — Chinook, Cascade, Centennial
- Cat Tread Red – A full bodied Red Ale brewed with lots of Palisade and Centennial – inspired by the license plate holder on Jim’s Harley “Lose your Cat…Check under my Tire”
- Big Bud aka ‘The Sofa King’ Lager – An old home brew recipe of Jim’s, a pre-prohibition American Style Pilsner brewed with 20% flaked rice, lots of German tradition and weighs in at a hefty 6.5%
- 2008 Barrel Aged DawgSled – a big malty brown ale aged for 8 months in a Jack Danniels Barrel – limited availability.
ZZ Hop Release Party
Wednesday, August 26, 3 p.m.-
U Village Ram
2650 NE University Village St.
Seattle, WA 98105